What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

I'm no Norm Abrams. I couldn't tell you oak from pine. Or cherry from mohogany. I doubt it'll be from solid hardwood stuff, probably just half inch plywood again, or something that has good grain structure that will screw/nail together nicely. As you probably know if you nail or screw into plywood edges it kind of digs out and chips apart whatever layer the screw or nail penetrates and falls apart. Glue would help but it's gon a be taken apart a lot for fitment a d adjustment and I also want something cheapish but solid, that will take a darker red stain easily, to half assedly match my maroon interior. It also has to hold my fat *ss leaning on it and not implode. The plywood is doing okay at that so far, but again I want something a bit more robust for the same ish dimensions.
If you use these things you can utilize whatever substrate you desire and take it apart/ reassemble all day if you like. They thread into the wood and "bite" (glue helps here too) and accept SAE threaded screws. There are Metric versions too. https://www.amazon.com/Threaded-Inserts-Furniture-HELIFOUNER-Pieces/dp/B0B21ZL4KB/?tag=gbody-20

Last edited:
Nobody was interested in my run of the mill junk and I don't blame ya, so I had it powder coated. Most pieces will now become artwork once married with other assorted items that are lying around, and I'll probably have my nieces add some pinstripes or other hand drawn designs of their choosing. Should make a nice little arts and crafts project. Somehow the LCAs escaped being photographed.

IMG_20241013_105746304.jpg

Reactions: Malibu795

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor