What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

Helped my buddy that did my motor pull his cousin in laws motor, he had been having his kid track it and he missed a shift during the event. Turned out to be a real adventure
after he was trying to help bleed the new cart we were going to use to drop the k member with and had the majority of the fluid sitting in the parking lot. So my buddy decided we would drop it onto his tool cart......
1728910654044.jpeg
1728910666477.jpeg
1728910675554.jpeg
1728910687291.jpeg

Reactions: Rktpwrd and Ugly1
Helped my buddy that did my motor pull his cousin in laws motor, he had been having his kid track it and he missed a shift during the event. Turned out to be a real adventure
after he was trying to help bleed the new cart we were going to use to drop the k member with and had the majority of the fluid sitting in the parking lot. So my buddy decided we would drop it onto his tool cart......
View attachment 247375View attachment 247376View attachment 247377View attachment 247378

That's striped up like it ought to have an LT4. Even looks to have the SS wing, but clearly wears a Z28 badge.

View attachment 247375View attachment 247376View attachment 247377View attachment 247378
Tool cart didn’t look to happy about it’s weight capacity testing. Looked like a good day’s work for you guys.

• Wow
Reactions: CopperNick
+100 on the tool cart blues. I personally winced when I saw that. From the angle on the one shot it looks like the bottom rail buckled completely and one of the casters has torn away from the leg. It's not that that trick can't be done, it is only that to do it correctly you need an industrially rated tool cart, not just one that is commercial or garage grade. Harbor Freight actually offers a cart that they term 'Industrial" might get out the salf shaker for that one but, if true, is a good price and might even be potentially capable of accepting and supporting a complete drive/front suspension assembly @ around what......1000 lbs?

Nick

• Agree
Reactions: Ugly1
+100 on the tool cart blues. I personally winced when I saw that. From the angle on the one shot it looks like the bottom rail buckled completely and one of the casters has torn away from the leg. It's not that that trick can't be done, it is only that to do it correctly you need an industrially rated tool cart, not just one that is commercial or garage grade. Harbor Freight actually offers a cart that they term 'Industrial" might get out the salf shaker for that one but, if true, is a good price and might even be potentially capable of accepting and supporting a complete drive/front suspension assembly @ around what......1000 lbs?

Nick
Yeah he had a different plan in mind until the cart he got for it ended up with the majority of the fluid in the parking lot, he knew it was iffy trying it but we didn't really have anything else. I guess those harbor freight setups are filled with air pockets so it literally leaks down as it sits with no weight, so we would have had to bleed it and his cousin was just trying to save us time to do it while we were still getting stuff unhooked on the motor. I imagine he is going to get one of those Ikon tool carts that would hold the weight as a replacement

Reactions: Ugly1
Yeah he had a different plan in mind until the cart he got for it ended up with the majority of the fluid in the parking lot, he knew it was iffy trying it but we didn't really have anything else. I guess those harbor freight setups are filled with air pockets so it literally leaks down as it sits with no weight, so we would have had to bleed it and his cousin was just trying to save us time to do it while we were still getting stuff unhooked on the motor. I imagine he is going to get one of those Ikon tool carts that would hold the weight as a replacement
Or a slight mod in its rebuild? It did the job even at it’s loss.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor