Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Very jealous, always wanted an IROC like that with the spoiler and hood

Thanks, it's the second time we've owned one. They are very nice cars for the era.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Thanks, it's the second time we've owned one. They are very nice cars for the era.
Yeah, didn't love the interior of those but always loved the outside

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Adding to my truck body side molding post:

I got round to sanding/priming/painting the test piece today. I made it from the leftover part of the sectioned molding I'm not going to use. I sawed the two pieces then glued them together with JB Weld plastic epoxy. I got a Dark Sky Metallic base/clear kit from Autotouchup.com. Knocked the glue joint down with some 220, then worked 400, 1000, then primed the piece. Shot it with the color coat, let it dry and then put 5 coats of clear on it. They're thin coats. I mean, it's spray cans. After letting it dry a few hours in the hot *ss sun, that was more like oven baking the paint. I was going to leave it until tomorrow, but this afternoon it was hard already and took some 1500 wet sanding to smooth down the slight imperfections. Buffed it up with some polish by hand, and it came out a lot better than expected. I believe this is going to work.

Front. I think the joint can be hidden effectively. I'm amazed the rattle can stuff matched the gray/bluish tint and metallic of the actual truck. Which is good, because that's exactly what I'm looking for.
body side molding truck.JPG

Back. The white stuff is epoxy glue residue where I glued the two pieces together.

body side molding truck back.JPG

• Optimistic
Reactions: 5 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
  • Wow

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Sweet!

You can add a few more while you're at it.

As beautiful as those are - unfortunately they have no A/C, have been sitting (a possible service/restoration nightmare), and no 3rd Gen Camaro is worth that kind of money (fancy RPO codes or not).

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Vacation is over so far I've changed a set of mirrors on a doge truck picked up my trailer borrowed a skid steer cleaned up the parking on my dirt road moved firewood and about 6 yards of top soil. Just think it's only Sunday tomorrow I start working lol
View attachment 151695
Truck towed ok but it's not like my last 2 gmt800 trucks of course one was an lbz and the other an 8.1 I now know why people put turbos on 6.0L s lol no balls up hill towing
Just downshift and let it run bigger RPM and less throttle. No, they don't tow like an LBZ!!

• Agree
  • Haha

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Just downshift and let it run bigger RPM and less throttle. No, they don't tow like an LBZ!!

This is why both of my GMT400s have Whipples. Unladen mileage seems unaffected too. The LS small blocks just don't make the low end torque like the Vortec 350. They do have legs though.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
This is why both of my GMT400s have Whipples. Unladen mileage seems unaffected too. The LS small blocks just don't make the low end torque like the Vortec 350. They do have legs though.
Very true. I really like a vortec 350 right up to the time I have to work on anything on the topend. Stupid distributor!!

The LS powered trucks just have to run 3k+ while towing uphill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor