What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Replaced the cheap azz rear shocks on my Tahoe. Tahoe rides like a new one. The headliner was sagging in several places. I sprayed liberal amounts of 3M aerosol adhesive on the crumbled foam and the headliner material. After about 1 minute to allow the adhesive to get tacky I used a soft brush to smooth the headliner out. I was standing outside the driver's door and was brushing from the middle to the window. It turned out pretty good. I hopped in the driver's seat to press it down more firmly with my hands. It was at that moment I noticed the fabric was about an inceh from the upper door trim. The adhesive was already holding real good so I left it like that. No one will ever know. View attachment 137195 View attachment 137196
You got that LS done yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
You got that LS done yet?
Working on the car, and my Tahoe. Fixing known problems a little at a time. I can't seem to get anything completed in one session. I'm still hoping to be done by end of April.
EDIT: I also can't seem to be able to put that shiny new drivetrain in the car knowing there are things on the car that need attention. Not going to do a frame off but I want the car to be problem free before installing the drivetrain.

Last edited:

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Eggs?? Bleah!! The last thing an egg sees before it hits the straw is a chicken's *******, and hens don't need a rooster to lay eggs. However, if you want chicks instead of just eggs, then you need that loud mouthed shnook.

All that aside, yesterday I washed my truck; today I got it dirty again. Bother.

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Eggs?? Bleah!! The last thing an egg sees before it hits the straw is a chicken's *******, and hens don't need a rooster to lay eggs. However, if you want chicks instead of just eggs, then you need that loud mouthed shnook.

All that aside, yesterday I washed my truck; today I got it dirty again. Bother.
So what you’re saying is don’t eat the eggs with the creamy white centers

• Wow

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I think I found my oil leak in the dually today.

IMG_20200225_172336.jpg

Is there anything other than the oil filter housing that's pressurized at the very back of the block? It's pissing down the inspection cover, front, center and it's definitely a pressurized leak. A significant one at that.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I think I found my oil leak in the dually today.

View attachment 137320

Is there anything other than the oil filter housing that's pressurized at the very back of the block? It's pissing down the inspection cover, front, center and it's definitely a pressurized leak. A significant one at that.
If it's a 6.0 with an oil cooler in the radiator, the coolant lines start above the filter. They suck to replace, and still leak when you're done.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
If it's a 6.0 with an oil cooler in the radiator, the coolant lines start above the filter. They suck to replace, and still leak when you're done.

GenVI 454 Vortec. Oil cooler lines are forward of the filter housing. I'm thinking of something lame like a freeze plug for an oil galley that took a dump? The filter had some oil on it as well, so hoping it's just that. Time to Google the oil pressure sender.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Guess what? Another pinion seal! This is my 3rd pinion seal in just a few weeks. Once I saw the YouTube video showing the 3 dot method I jumped on all my annoying *ss leaks.

IMG_20200226_172853.jpg

Seeing how the 1500 had received axle seals when I swapped it in, I went ahead and changed the gear oil too. I was shocked at what I found.

IMG_20200226_174131.jpg

Goddamn that's nasty! This was all clean around 70k ago when it was junkyard fresh. WTFO? The dually is probably way nastier.

IMG_20200226_185823.jpg

Cleans up easy enough. The spider gears and cross shaft were showing some wear, gonna have to keep my eye on that as the miles tick by. The govbomb still works fine, if it's serviceable at this point I could have it tight and right pretty easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Took the CVPI to be emission inspected today, which it passed. They even drove it over a in floor video camera to inspect the cats.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
I sold the OBS Powerstroke awhile ago to put HVAC equipment in the house. Since it's been gone I have this strange anxiety about having to tow anything or move alot of weight. After a searching for several weeks I have added another heavy duty truck to the stable. 2006 LBZ Duramax.
IMG_20200226_205437979.jpg
IMG_20200226_205449126.jpg

Drove several different ones and this thing is tight, runs excellent, and drives very well. He put injectors in it 6 months ago, alignment, front end parts, etc. 314k but you can't tell by driving it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor