What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Camaro gone, next up for some work. Needs a complete reseal and paint on the engine/trans, measure up for new wheels for the disc brake conversion just done to it, and other little details. Started pulling down the engine today.

Reactions: 5 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
After spending most of the day working on my Cutlass I went to visit my daily at the diesel hospital. I was just going to drop off the new aluminum intake tube to eliminate the block off plates on the stock plastic one. There's things in life that you never want to be told like idk you have a debilitating disease or cancer or the head mechanic in a shop that's working on your truck tell you it's a real pia! And the designer should be executed. It's inside on a lift the transfer case and drive shafts are out and he showed me several things wrong with it. Can't wait to get the bill.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
Go fill the dodge! Bet that hits a new high score!
This wasn't even from empty. Ford has a 36 gallon tank. Dodge would still take the prize. It has a 35 gallon tank at $5.25/gal. My quick math says that's a little over $180 from empty.

• Sad

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Camaro gone, next up for some work. Needs a complete reseal and paint on the engine/trans, measure up for new wheels for the disc brake conversion just done to it, and other little details. Started pulling down the engine today.

those gunni wheels are fancy :banana:

• Haha
Nov 4, 2012
Up my way the local Sunoco is pegged at $5.39 for the diesel.
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
List of work we don't want to deal with keeps getting longer.

Have a coolant loss on one of my wife's s550 mustangs, a v6 version. So, in addition to determining where the leak comes into play, Ford has also thrown its own wrinkle into the mix.

The car came with 'orange' motorcraft coolant, which, I've read today but cannot yet verify was a made-under-license formulation of dexcool. What i do know is orange is discontinued now. They also made 'gold', 'green', 'dark green', and 'yellow' formulations, most of which are incompatable with each other and bad things can happen when mixing the wrong ones or aftermarket types together.

Reportably the 'yellow' is the designated replacement for 'orange', but I've read conflicting info on if you can mix 'yellow' directly with remaining 'orange' or if you are supposed to do a complete flush/drain first before the switch.

Sound stupid and confusing? Good, it's not only me then. But meanwhile I don't have the bandwidth to sort this mess out properly and search out where the coolant was going to... other than to say the better half isn't prone to watching gauges and such while driving so little help there. It'll be seeking visual evidence (rad/h20pump/tstat/hoses/ etc) then compression test if need be.

Always more to do ...

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Can I go back to my normally scheduled hobbies?

This bathroom remodel & master's thesis editing is sucking all my time up.

About 10 months in I'm finally at the last 3 comments to review La-dee-dah. It wasn't as bad when I was a full time student/researcher but since October trying to work full time, get the thesis done, get life stuff done and have some fun/recharge tinker time is tough. I'm glad there are no crotch goblins running around lol.

And yes, that is just shy of 40,000 words and 210 pages. I could have stuck around in school for 3 more years and got my PhD at this level and done no additional work. Maybe I'll get the piece of paper that says I'm smart next month.
1646627057267.png

Somehow I became almost pro-level drywall finisher. Blended old drywall in to new.
1646626888008.png

Outsourced painting to my wife. Next up, tile.
1646627275709.png

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor