What did you do to your shop today?

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
This poor gray Elko guy's gonna hang on to it!🤣😂
Be careful you don't stare at it too long or else you might just paint yours yellow! Oh wait do it and we can be the three amigos!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Put the bike back down on the ground and gave the ratchet straps a two full cans of CFC free brake cleaner douche job to extract the accumulated oil and grease from out of their weaving. A severe case of the galloping crud had left them slippery and prone to slide even under tension so not the best of situations. Left them hung up on the door bar to dry.

Went through the drawers on my shop master tool box and sorted stuff back into where it ought to have been.

Sprayed the floor down to see if brake cleaner couid remove oil; it does, but not the best solution. That might be Castrol degreaser in the pump gun.

Took a few minutes to shoot some shop work pictures and ended up having to swap out the batteries because the camera was being slow to respond to the flash.

Barked up the compressor and let it run for a minute or two with the tank drain valve open to blow out and water/moisture that might have accumulated. The humidity has gone ballistic in the last week so will have to be doing the blow out drill more frequently for a while to keep the tank happy.

About at the point where a trip to the scrap yard will have to occur. Two totes and a 5 gal pail full of absolute detrius with no remaining social value left, along with a whole whack of dead foo-foo bomb cans of various types. The can bodies are metal, tin or light steel so they qualifiy. Two huge bags of aluminum cans that have been mouldering in the dog house since before Covid. Gave a third away last year to a dude doing the back alley crawl in search of cans and bottles to recycle for cash. Thought his eyeballs were going to come out of his face when he saw what he was being handed. Had noted he had approached a neighbor up the block a few houses and got told off so figured the gesture might be in order. He seemed happy but his next problem became how to ride a bicycle while trying to balance a leaf and litter sized trash bag full of aluminum cans that had not been squashed. REminded me of a pilgrim I used to know who'd throw his empty beer cans down his basement stairs and then, periodicaly, go down to the basement and stomp all over them to get some of his mad out. Another brother who has gone on ahead.

Nick

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
They said it was buried in the warehouse and had to dig it out. They were still in the box and on pallets.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Anybody know what this tool is used for?

IMG_20230712_151134644.jpg

Got some time off work so I'm deep cleaning the garage.

If I don't have a use for it, it's gonna go away.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Neither Nor. It is the handle part of a grinding wheel dressing tool. The pocket is empty but the pin is still there so someone wore the cutting wheels out and never got around to scoring a replacement set. What it is used for is to true the face of a grinding wheel/stone so that when it is being used it takes material off the work being cleaned up evenly. The cutters ought to be available from any reliable hardware store or on line. Think they might be a Rigid part. As for the how of this; I have one hanging on a hook beside the shelf on which my grinder sits and it gets used fairly regularly to recut the grinding face on the wheel I am running. The cutting teeth are a wear item and do need to be replaced from time to time; about time for that to happen with mine, now that I think about it.

Nick

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Almost looks like part of a chain binder, but I’m not sure.

The part inside is covered about 2/3's the way around.

IMG_20230712_163954120.jpg

I noticed this on the back of the head.

IMG_20230712_164028446.jpg

Someone else thought it might be used to true up the face of a grinding wheel.

That center part spins. Would probably spin that sucker apart if I put it against a grinding wheel.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor