What did you do to your shop today?

Two Acres!!! Around here, you need some serious gelt to score that much land for a house. That is pretty close to country gentleman farmer sized for someone who wants to play weekend man of the soil. For that you have to think outside the city and way out into the municipalities and out that far land comes with issues such as wells and septic fields and varmints and commuter costs and building issues with delivery and labor. For me it would be a case of digging a deep hole, building the foundation with one side open for the garage doors and a concrete slab roof/floor, and then backfilling the whole thing so that all that shows is the floor. Put a table and chairs and a picnic umbrella on it and call it a summer camp.

Nick

Reactions: Ugly1
Two Acres!!! Around here, you need some serious gelt to score that much land for a house. That is pretty close to country gentleman farmer sized for someone who wants to play weekend man of the soil. For that you have to think outside the city and way out into the municipalities and out that far land comes with issues such as wells and septic fields and varmints and commuter costs and building issues with delivery and labor. For me it would be a case of digging a deep hole, building the foundation with one side open for the garage doors and a concrete slab roof/floor, and then backfilling the whole thing so that all that shows is the floor. Put a table and chairs and a picnic umbrella on it and call it a summer camp.

Nick
well, if you want to stay warm you could always buy this 1.9acres in Del Rio, Texas for $35k. must be a bargain, it's been on the market for almost 600 days!

db7f6aaee87949ab16cfb981d413be99l-m2852597355rd-w2048_h1536.webp

• Wow
well, if you want to stay warm you could always buy this 1.9acres in Del Rio, Texas for $35k. must be a bargain, it's been on the market for almost 600 days!

db7f6aaee87949ab16cfb981d413be99l-m2852597355rd-w2048_h1536.webp
Way too hot for this Ohioian and there's nothing there to protect you from the elements 😞

Without an atlas or geography guide in front of me here, I'm guessing to a great degree but if memory serves Del Rio is about right on the border with Meh-ico and that nothing for miles and miles but miles and miles is about all the early warning y'all about to get before the next wave of illegal immigrants comes a-wandering on by. That's about as West by god Texas as anyone would wish to be.

So, since I hate to have to guess, I went and dug out my Norte Americano Road Atlas and sure enough, west of San Antonio on US90 lies the border city of Del Rio. And across the federal border lies Ciudad Acuna, or Acuna City if you prefer, with a US/Mexico border zone located in between the two.

All of which might tend to explain why that oh-so-choice piece of land lies unsold and unloved. Not sure you could grow much on it except tumbleweeds. And equally sure that if you did buy it your first visitors would be representatives from the Alphabet Soup gang of Bureaucrats wanting to know why and generally being pushy about learning ALL about your intentions. That and wanting or demanding permission to take regular seismographic readings to make sure no one is tunneling underneath..................(Are you sure that you aren't a holding company that has bought this land for illegal and nefarious purposes???????

Nope, not me, not happening. Besides, Hurricane Beryl is about to pay the area a leetle visit in the next few days and being flat and empty is something of a bonus when a hurricane comes calling; nothing to knock over or blow away.

Nick

• Agree
That would be a geothermal heating and cooling with a cement dome house and garage. Solar powered and generator backup and a good drainage system. Wind goes around or over, water does same and not relying on power company for bad service. Not completely off grid but definitely piss off the tax guy having to figure out sq/ft of living area 😂

• Agree
Reactions: CopperNick
Without an atlas or geography guide in front of me here, I'm guessing to a great degree but if memory serves Del Rio is about right on the border with Meh-ico and that nothing for miles and miles but miles and miles is about all the early warning y'all about to get before the next wave of illegal immigrants comes a-wandering on by. That's about as West by god Texas as anyone would wish to be.

So, since I hate to have to guess, I went and dug out my Norte Americano Road Atlas and sure enough, west of San Antonio on US90 lies the border city of Del Rio. And across the federal border lies Ciudad Acuna, or Acuna City if you prefer, with a US/Mexico border zone located in between the two.

All of which might tend to explain why that oh-so-choice piece of land lies unsold and unloved. Not sure you could grow much on it except tumbleweeds. And equally sure that if you did buy it your first visitors would be representatives from the Alphabet Soup gang of Bureaucrats wanting to know why and generally being pushy about learning ALL about your intentions. That and wanting or demanding permission to take regular seismographic readings to make sure no one is tunneling underneath..................(Are you sure that you aren't a holding company that has bought this land for illegal and nefarious purposes???????

Nope, not me, not happening. Besides, Hurricane Beryl is about to pay the area a leetle visit in the next few days and being flat and empty is something of a bonus when a hurricane comes calling; nothing to knock over or blow away.

Nick
Del Rio, Texas gets 20 inches of rain, on average, per year. so I don't think you gotta worry about a hurricane. as for West bygod Texas, you could always buy land here....99 acres for $120k...what a bargain! about $1200/acre and no neighbors to complain about your crap in the front yard! and only 528 days on market!
and since it's mostly desert and not conducive to illegal immigrants getting thru, that'd be something you don't have to worry about. that and hurricanes! 😆

c38cce9abd0fb6939f384c34dbef8349l-m2613238237rd-w960_h720.webp

Del Rio, Texas gets 20 inches of rain, on average, per year. so I don't think you gotta worry about a hurricane. as for West bygod Texas, you could always buy land here....99 acres for $120k...what a bargain! about $1200/acre and no neighbors to complain about your crap in the front yard! and only 528 days on market!
and since it's mostly desert and not conducive to illegal immigrants getting thru, that'd be something you don't have to worry about. that and hurricanes! 😆

Lots of space for a nice house, shop, shooting ranges (cause you gotta have a short & long range ranges.)

• Haha
Reactions: Ugly1 and 86LK

Could walk around butt naked all day and never be seen.

• Haha

Hell, that's about 10% of the cost of land around here.

And at least it's a dry heat 🤣. I'd rather 120F in the desert than the 100F + 80% humidity that we get around here.

Reactions: pagrunt and Ugly1

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor