What did you do to your shop today?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Finally fixed the parts washer I never finished by yanking the sink out and screwing a flat top on it. It should make a nice temporary fab table until I get the stand for the new shear made.
20210120_124545.jpg 20210120_125833.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
I can appreciate that, but they're the only ones excelling at the logistics game. I don't know what happened recently, but trying to get something delivered has become a pain in the arse. You can't even blame covids because we're almost a year in.
X-mas card coast to coast: post marked 12/9/20 in SD, CA- Arrives in MD 1/19/21
Ordered tall upper and lower ball joints from Scummit, normally 2 days: one pair in a week, next pair takes 3 weeks
Friend's dad said it took a month from small town, downtown out to our area, about 8 miles for a letter.
My new, local Internet provider guy sends an email stating that checks by mail will be voided and returned because they're showing up as much as 7 weeks late- online only now.
Bezos' trucks show up as often as 2-3x in a day= on point.
I know how that is. My paychecks get mailed every Tuesday, one from mid November did not arrive until mid December. The replacement for the missing check arrived 3 weeks before the original.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Finally fixed the parts washer I never finished by yanking the sink out and screwing a flat top on it. It should make a nice temporary fab table until I get the stand for the new shear made.
View attachment 166960 View attachment 166961

I see a horizontal surface ripe for collecting crap you don't need. Don't fool yourself with that tidy shelf fitted below! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Nothing. Totally ignored it. Did not go within 20 feet of it and didn't sweep the path out to it. Spent most of the afternoon digging into my electrical inventory to see if I had a two-pin trailer harness with brown/red wires. No Joy. Can't go out and visit the local suppliers; non essential travel therefore subject to stop and ticketing/fines from the local cops. Can't get it delivered, even if I could find one. Could make one but it would mean stripping out the old one which would require disassembling the fender. Meh... Bleah....Bother!!!

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Nothing. Totally ignored it. Did not go within 20 feet of it and didn't sweep the path out to it. Spent most of the afternoon digging into my electrical inventory to see if I had a two-pin trailer harness with brown/red wires. No Joy. Can't go out and visit the local suppliers; non essential travel therefore subject to stop and ticketing/fines from the local cops. Can't get it delivered, even if I could find one. Could make one but it would mean stripping out the old one which would require disassembling the fender. Meh... Bleah....Bother!!!
What the hell is a 2 pin trailer harness? We're 4 minimum down here

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Holy crap!!!!!!!!!

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
We-ell, a male pin and a female socket, both embedded in a rubber casing so that the pin is exposed and the socket is buried. The match is the polar opposite. As for the application, any circuit where you only need the two wires but want to be to remove whatever you are playing with. Best example off hand would be an overhead or side light inside an enclosed trailer. Most of them come as permanently assembled units, so the two wire harness lets the tech or builder plug and play.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users

737Mech

Apprentice
Mar 2, 2019
Installed a rack to store cordless tools...

Attachments

• 20210115_235305.jpg
    20210115_235305.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 96
Reactions: 7 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
We-ell, a male pin and a female socket, both embedded in a rubber casing so that the pin is exposed and the socket is buried. The match is the polar opposite. As for the application, any circuit where you only need the two wires but want to be to remove whatever you are playing with. Best example off hand would be an overhead or side light inside an enclosed trailer. Most of them come as permanently assembled units, so the two wire harness lets the tech or builder plug and play.

Nick
I thought you were talking about the lighting plug that connects to the tow vehicle.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Uh-uh. The four pin trailer plugs are obsolete up here for new construction because all the new trucks come with either a 6 or 7 pin socket for trailers as the default installation from the factory. When my new mini-trailer finally gets constructed, I will be fitting it with one of the new plug assemblies and lacing in the matching socket to the p/u box wiring harness. This is some king of DMV/MTO requirement for towing or some such drivel.

Nick

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor