What did you do to your shop today?

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Now that you flipped the cabinet, would it be possible to replicate the stops in the same position just inverted from where they used to be?

Nick
I don't have the equipment to fashion new stops for the drawers within the cabinet itself, but I still have the drawer dividers that came with the cabinets. I am considering gluing one to the inside rear of each drawer to create a stop.

In other news, I went back out later in the day and cleaned off part of the table across from the work bench. Over all, not a whole lot done, but at least I didn't sit around waiting for the garage fairy to come and do it for me. We rarely have temps lower than the mid 20s here in Seattle, so I can take it if you all want to call me a wussy, but it is hard to spend more than an hour or so in a garage that is about 30 degrees F. I can't imagine what some of you are going through with temps in the negative numbers, my hat is off to you guys (and gals).

Reactions: 1 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Last time I looked down, I (Abbey) was a boy! Nickname given to me by my 2nd Grade teacher in England (Spelled Abbey as in an English Abbey. I'll take the odds! I don't have anymore stuff to put up, I still have plenty of rafter space for more stuff. View attachment 168467
Wow, so clean and organized that only the shop tools give away that we are not looking at store/whse shelving!
Good on you, my friend.

• Agree

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
D'OH!! MY BAD and My Apologies for both the Misspelling and the gender mis-assignment. In my own defense I have never encountered a male Abbey (or Abby for that matter) and was about one eyelid short of going to sleep. Did the particular teacher who hung that nickname on you happen to explain why, even spelled as it was in your case, a major case of misperception could occur?

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
5spdCab, around here, on the Great Lakes, it used to work out that, if it was 30 degrees in the shop, it was 0 or colder outside and, at those temps it only took about an hour to two at the most before my feet started to tell me it was time to head for the house. My shop heat prior to this year used to be an industrial electric heater and if you were anywhere in the shop that wasn't right next to it, then you froze. It also murdered my electrical bill, even though it was on a timer, because when it was running, it could never get the shop warm enough to the point where the thermostat would shut it down. My new gas overhead unit is the bomb! Should have scraped the coin together for it years ago but between Murphy and Reality repeatedly sticking their noses into things, it just kept getting kicked down the list.

Even if I were to head out there today, and the outside temps are in the minus thirties with wind chill, my shop is a comfy 57 degrees, perfect in a sweatshirt, and i can work until my body says enough and it's time to quit for the day. Right now the only limit is how much abuse my muscles and bones will absorb before they rebel and start trying to cripple me. The personal fee is about 50/50 meaning for each day i can get something done, I pay for it by having a day where I do nothing to let my body recover.

Right now i am giving the squirrel lessons in how to hibernate during the winter as I seem to be sleeping more than I am awake. There is a commercial running on the Boob-Tube that suggests we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping; it works out to 27 years and change, based on living to about 80. Think I might out on the high end of the bell curve for this.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
5spdCab, around here, on the Great Lakes, it used to work out that, if it was 30 degrees in the shop, it was 0 or colder outside and, at those temps it only took about an hour to two at the most before my feet started to tell me it was time to head for the house. My shop heat prior to this year used to be an industrial electric heater and if you were anywhere in the shop that wasn't right next to it, then you froze. It also murdered my electrical bill, even though it was on a timer, because when it was running, it could never get the shop warm enough to the point where the thermostat would shut it down. My new gas overhead unit is the bomb! Should have scraped the coin together for it years ago but between Murphy and Reality repeatedly sticking their noses into things, it just kept getting kicked down the list.

Even if I were to head out there today, and the outside temps are in the minus thirties with wind chill, my shop is a comfy 57 degrees, perfect in a sweatshirt, and i can work until my body says enough and it's time to quit for the day. Right now the only limit is how much abuse my muscles and bones will absorb before they rebel and start trying to cripple me. The personal fee is about 50/50 meaning for each day i can get something done, I pay for it by having a day where I do nothing to let my body recover.

Right now i am giving the squirrel lessons in how to hibernate during the winter as I seem to be sleeping more than I am awake. There is a commercial running on the Boob-Tube that suggests we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping; it works out to 27 years and change, based on living to about 80. Think I might out on the high end of the bell curve for this.
But you guys get that polar vortex thing every year, not that I am saying you get used to it, but even mid 20s is considered pretty darned cold here in Seattle, and nobody here except out of state transplants can stand it.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
HaH! This year it showed up a month late and hasn't left. Right now it has sagged so far south that Texas and Florida are feeling it, and they have No Clue how to drive or deal with the snow they are getting as a result. Surprised that the various State Patrols and Public Safety Bureaucraps haven't been more pro-active in shutting down the highways to prevent accidents but there is always someone who will ignore the warnings because they just absolutely have to go or be somewhere and after all being told to stay off the road just doesn't apply to them! (Insert pictures or video footage of 70 car pile up on some interstate somewhere)
As for it coming and going, it takes a specific set of circumstances for it to make an appearance and I am no meteorologist.

Nick

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
I can't get the slab poured because of all the rain. Major sucks. Actually it is getting kind of hard getting out of the driveway because of all the rain. I put the Taco in 4WD. Have not been able to drive the El C in weeks

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
D'OH!! MY BAD and My Apologies for both the Misspelling and the gender mis-assignment. In my own defense I have never encountered a male Abbey (or Abby for that matter) and was about one eyelid short of going to sleep. Did the particular teacher who hung that nickname on you happen to explain why, even spelled as it was in your case, a major case of misperception could occur?
If she explained it , I don't remember that far back! You're not the only, when I worked I would get e-mails from people that had never met me and started e-mails as: Ms Abbey or Abi or Abby!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor