What did you do to your shop today?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I love the race deck flooring, I’d like to add the foam under like you put under a floating wood floor
I just can't see myself liking it. Crawling around on diamond plate doesn't sound fun at all, and jack wheels get caught on pebbles enough without it being self-inflicted.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
I didn’t get diamond plate. It has slightly raised circles. Its very easy to lay on.
also there’s one with slits, I don’t get that one at all.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Got this little guy in the mail today.

PXL_20210521_174252779.jpg

The one thing that has driven me crazy about TIG welding thus far is holding oddly shaped things in awkward positions is really frustrating since welding isn't a one handed operation. This articulating vice should help with that going forward.

I am going to start building some new workbenches/welding tables once my metal order comes in. My current bench is 36x74 and too damn large for the space; and damn near impossible to move. I am going to build a pair of 36x24 modular benches that I can make into a 36x48, 72x24, or an L setup - and put them on casters. I'll add some attachments for things like the bench sander too. I am also going to move the vice(s) onto pedestals so I can be less restricted working around them.

Fancy mechanics.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Started building the new work benches. Casters, feets, and tops go on tomorrow.

PXL_20210530_014031514.jpg

Measure twice, cut thrice.

Reactions: 9 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Why would you want to live that close to someone else?

All of his neighbours are named Karen and Kevin. They are great people who pay very close attention to your interests.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Why would you want to live that close to someone else?
I dont. At all....
Real estate is different in Canuckistan.
All of his neighbours are named Karen and Kevin. They are great people who pay very close attention to your interests.
I am almost the only person on my street that is actually from Alberta, and easily most of the percentage from Canada.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor