What did you do to your shop today?

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I haven't sawed a car in half in a while... :ROFLMAO:

Oh sh*t, you gotta check out this badass **** we have at work. It's a level up.

I'll post pics later today.
Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
After too many months, finally got my dads tools home and in his shop he barely got to enjoy. Definitely some stuff in there that will come home, some of the big semi truck stuff I'll sell and give mom the cash. There is almost 5 decades of tools in this behemoth, and two other carts along with it. Not to mention all the stuff he had at the house sheesh!
Oh, I did bring home this generator yesterday. My dad had a whole house unit installed last year so they didn't need the portable. Mom asked me if I wanted it, well yeah.
20210707_193800.jpg
20210707_193852.jpg
20210707_205233.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
After too many months, finally got my dads tools home and in his shop he barely got to enjoy. Definitely some stuff in there that will come home, some of the big semi truck stuff I'll sell and give mom the cash. There is almost 5 decades of tools in this behemoth, and two other carts along with it. Not to mention all the stuff he had at the house sheesh!
Oh, I did bring home this generator yesterday. My dad had a whole house unit installed last year so they didn't need the portable. Mom asked me if I wanted it, well yeah. View attachment 179449 View attachment 179450 View attachment 179451

Your post made me think of my dad. He was a mechanic, but passed when I was quite young (2 years old) due to a work site accident. My mom had to sell all his tools etc. Of course, she had no idea that I'd end up being interested in cars etc. But it sure would have been real nice to have had some of his tools and stuff now.

Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
So today I was looking at and spoke about some various 55 gallon distillates delivered to the shop.

My question is, has anyone here had 55 gallon drum deliveries? Not sure if every delivery option would have a lift gate, and, I don't have forklift/loading dock access.

Have the cherry picker, but, question becomes securely and safely removing said drum. Nobody wants to dump 500 bucks with of stuff on the ground, let alone 55 gallons of mess.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
you need a drum sling for your cherry picker

Strongway Vertical Drum Lifter — 2000-Lb. Capacity​

Item# 52416

Strongway Vertical Drum Lifter — 2000-Lb. Capacity

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I saw those, but I dont think they would work to get it down off a truck. I'm not sure of the reach, and being too high up would probably be unstable?

I did see some cool casters you could put under it to wheel around the floor once it's down though.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My question is, has anyone here had 55 gallon drum deliveries? Not sure if every delivery option would have a lift gate, and, I don't have forklift/loading dock access.
When I was working at the autobody supply shop in the early 2000's I would deliver 55 gallon drums out of a S10 using a stack of old tires to roll them down the "tire steps" I made with them.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor