What is the best looking wheel on a cutlass G body

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorty74

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 28, 2009
I like mine with 17" cragar ss rims on it. I had some 22's and 24's but decided to go with the cragars when I realized that I couldn't turn. :? The cragars look great and my car rides great which is even better.

84ElCamino

Greasemonkey
Nov 17, 2009
Los Angeles, California
IROC Wheels look the best. From 16 to 24. IROCS never look bad on a GBODY.

Bonegrater

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
I like the later model S10 rims, and the factory rallys.
oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-burbank-il_YPA-60873_21752_1.jpg

I am going to get a set of these from the local junkyard after Christmas.
BTW, there is a set on eBay right now for $140.00 shipped. You can't beat that deal.

omegaman211

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 15, 2007
ohio
Lace style Trans Am, GTA, Buick GNX. These wheels became a required option when the 5.7L was first offered in 1987. Pontiac couldn't pass the EPA fuel loop testing without having a gas guzzler tax added to the car. These wheels allowed the car to pass the federally required test loop and not be penalized. Good looking and LIGHT!!!

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
darthvaderolds said:
[url
untitled1.jpg
][/url]

The SSIII factory wheel is the BEST Factory wheel on any car make or model ever

No argument here...I think a close second would be either the 70 Z28 wheel or a Shelby GT500KR..but Oldsmobile hit it out of the park with this wheel.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
Bonegrater said:
I like the later model S10 rims, and the factory rallys.
oldsmobile-cutlass-supreme-burbank-il_YPA-60873_21752_1.jpg

I am going to get a set of these from the local junkyard after Christmas.
BTW, there is a set on eBay right now for $140.00 shipped. You can't beat that deal.
i have a set of those on my car right now except am missing the hub caps

Bonegrater

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 21, 2010
Richmond, VA
i have a set of those on my car right now except am missing the hub caps
I would like to try and graft some olds or 442 emblems onto the set that I am getting. I think they would be a good set to ride on until I get my factory SSIIs refinished.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Maybe it's just me but I always thought it was hard to find good wheels for a Cutlass. It's a square car so I still think SSII's or any stock Olds rallye is best. I remember when I didn't like white letter tires, but I think the Cutlass gets the pass for them.
My GP came with BFG's on rallye II's and it's really starting to grow on me.

I was never a fan of original wheels when I was younger but there's something classy about a nice set on a good looking car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor