1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What radio do you have in your G-body?

Discussion in 'Electrical and Interior' started by oldmansmonte, Apr 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fleming442

fleming442 Greasemonkey

I have a vintage 1985 AM/FM- not even a cassette! That will be getting replaced.

2. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

Since my Alpine 9835 had problems this year I installed a Kenwood KDC X501 but I didn't like it so I went with an Alpine 149BT. The Alpine vs the Kenwood is easier to work and a better sound. One think I really noticed was FM reception, I removed and plugged the hole for the stock antenna and instead have an antenna stuck to my windshield since I mainly use XM but I still want to pick up local channels for traffic and weather. With the Kenwood I could pick up one FM station, with the Alpine I can pick up 5 - 6.

3. 84 W40

84 W40 Apprentice

HURSTRADIO.jpg JVC KDAVX77

4. Canon_Mutant

Canon_Mutant Master Mechanic

• Like Like x 2
  5. somaphox

somaphox Apprentice

nohin fancy,250 watt alpine flashdrive compatible,pro audio 6x9's in the 4ich to 6x9 inch converters,pro audio 3 1/4 or 1/2 i dont remember in front.all have 100 watt capacitors on the primary wires.i want an amp...i have a box with two 3 inch tweets and two 10's in it but my radio doesnt push it

6. Canon_Mutant

Canon_Mutant Master Mechanic

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. airboatgreg

airboatgreg Master Mechanic

My buddy gave me an AM/FM out of his old Malibu that had been sitting in his closet since 1982. Mint shape. I put 2 3" speakers where original ones were in top of dash and 2 6x9's in the rear. I added a blue tooth Kenwood system with an amp to drive the extra speakers and link my iPhone with my music or Pandora. Retro look with awesome sound and choices

8. mclellan83

mclellan83 Apprentice

Currently nothing
    [​IMG]
    But looking to go with this whenever I can scrape up the cash
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. 454GrandPrix

454GrandPrix Greasemonkey

My car's former owner had installed an aftermarket radio of some kind, but he removed it before selling the car. He did a nasty job of it, cutting a significant portion of the OEM radio wiring harness. :mad:

All I wanted was an FM tuner and a USB input for my MicroSD card reader. I bought an inexpensive Pioneer CD player and installed it, being careful to graft into what was left of the stock wires as much as possible. I also made a nifty little plate to help anchor it in place behind the dash bezel--you can see that here since the bezel was off when I took this photo:

[​IMG]

Anyway, it works.