What radio do you have in your G-body?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Since my Alpine 9835 had problems this year I installed a Kenwood KDC X501 but I didn't like it so I went with an Alpine 149BT. The Alpine vs the Kenwood is easier to work and a better sound. One think I really noticed was FM reception, I removed and plugged the hole for the stock antenna and instead have an antenna stuck to my windshield since I mainly use XM but I still want to pick up local channels for traffic and weather. With the Kenwood I could pick up one FM station, with the Alpine I can pick up 5 - 6.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
HURSTRADIO.jpg JVC KDAVX77

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Reactions: 1 users

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
nohin fancy,250 watt alpine flashdrive compatible,pro audio 6x9's in the 4ich to 6x9 inch converters,pro audio 3 1/4 or 1/2 i dont remember in front.all have 100 watt capacitors on the primary wires.i want an amp...i have a box with two 3 inch tweets and two 10's in it but my radio doesnt push it

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
My buddy gave me an AM/FM out of his old Malibu that had been sitting in his closet since 1982. Mint shape. I put 2 3" speakers where original ones were in top of dash and 2 6x9's in the rear. I added a blue tooth Kenwood system with an amp to drive the extra speakers and link my iPhone with my music or Pandora. Retro look with awesome sound and choices

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Currently nothing
XK7BUdr.jpg

But looking to go with this whenever I can scrape up the cash
AMlVKpS.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

454GrandPrix

Master Mechanic
Jul 27, 2016
Lehi, Utah
My car's former owner had installed an aftermarket radio of some kind, but he removed it before selling the car. He did a nasty job of it, cutting a significant portion of the OEM radio wiring harness. :mad:

All I wanted was an FM tuner and a USB input for my MicroSD card reader. I bought an inexpensive Pioneer CD player and installed it, being careful to graft into what was left of the stock wires as much as possible. I also made a nifty little plate to help anchor it in place behind the dash bezel--you can see that here since the bezel was off when I took this photo:

ynjRNsx.jpg

Anyway, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor