What style are you going for with your gbody?

What style are you going for with your gbody?

• Big Wheel Donk Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Muscle car Clean Resto Mod

• All original no major modifications

• Strickly drag strip

• lowrider

• pro touring / corner carver

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Resto Mod....

Stock looking interior and exterior, plenty of power with EFI and overdrive underneath.

Wait a minute, I should just buy a Grand National, right? LOL!!!!

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
I'm into lowrider's. Yeah I know they are probably frowned on here but it's what I like. :D I'm not into all the radical interior's and paint. I want to keep my car simple, stock(except for the obvious)and clean. I have spent alot of money so far restoring the monte. I'm trying to get everything NOS. I pulled all the windows and replaced all the rubber during paint. The exterior is an orion silver. The interior is all black. I have found all the interior trim in factory black. The only pieces inside that will be dyed are the dash(for now) and the center console. Nothing wrong with dying the plastics but I personally don't like it. The motor was built by me about 5 years ago, the first time is was to restore it. It sat up until August 08 when I started the second attempt on the restore. This time is alot more productive than the first. I was trying to finish the inside and outside before my son was born and do the chrome under carriage after. It doesn't look like that will be possible(sitting at the hospital typing this up, waiting to induce labor) :eek: Well I guess that is enough about my car so here is some pics.

my Hid conversion and nos bezels and I know its a 78 grill but its the cleanest one I've found so far.
DSC02690.jpg

my little g-body collection
restoring30.jpg

the motor will be redone again
restoring16.jpg

restoring34.jpg

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
Tony_SS said:
Nice Monte!

thanks bro. yours is too. i had it on my screen saver for a while. The one you had on egay that said "praise the lowered" :D

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
crappycutlass said:
where did you get your lights?... i would LOVE a set like that for my cars.

if your talking about the hid's. ebay. depending on what kind of car you have you need to buy the actual housing and then then the hid kit. if you need me to i can send you the link to the light housings and the hid's from the guy I bought them from. :)

crappycutlass

Master Mechanic
May 28, 2007
eee... not a huge ebay fan.. but yea alright... i heard that they made retrofit kits... just have never seen them...

i need some for my 83 reg.. and my 80 camaro.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
As long as it's not lifted or too garish, I don't mind customs. I like some lowriders if they are not covered in murals and tufted velvet everywhere. BTW, nice Monte!

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
I'm kinda going Mad Max meets rat rod on the '81 Century. Matte/satin black paint, old Cragar S/S rims, dual exhausts out the side (or sidepipes), and a splash of diamond plate for accent. For the '83 Cutlass, it's muscle/restomod right now, and it will probably stay that way with just a few bits needing to be finished.

BuickRims003.jpg

Olds_IMG_0003.jpg

Aaron

1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
As long as it's not lifted or too garish, I don't mind customs. I like some lowriders if they are not covered in murals and tufted velvet everywhere. BTW, nice Monte!
x2 the velvet was a little much :shock: and it is outdated now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor