What Was/Is Your First Car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyday, I regret getting rid of those cars, but that was almost 20 years ago I wish I had at least one of those Cutlasses or Nova's..Wheelin and Dealin Cars..One State I was in said if I sold one more car that year I would need to get a dealers license 8)

I lucked out, my first car was a 1974 GTO.

Still had the shaker hood, but no shaker hood scoop, just a hole in the hood lol.

When i bought it, the previous owners son removed the 400 and dropped a chevy 454. So at least i can say my first car was a nasty *ss big block :twisted:

Blew up 3 automatic transmissions Before we swapped a muncie M21 which lasted untill i wrecked the car. When i bought it, it had the setup for a manual trans, clutch pedal was just kinda chillin there, but had an automatic Th400 in it. ( Yes i blew up a Th400, it took allot of hard work and abuse).

She was ugly as sin, but faster than hell!

Forgot to mention, i'm only 21, thats why i consider myself lucky to have had a Big block true colors muscle car as my first ride. 😀

my first was a 87 iroc z with a 350 outta a 84 suburban. shift kit. super 44 flows. z rated tires. gutted interior. was fabbing a cage for it. i raced a c5 onr nite on a country road and...bounced off 2 trees, rolled 3 times. and when i came to, i simply climbed outta the pile to see the block 200 yards away and 3 of my set of brand new chrome 18 in irocs mashed up. im lucky cuz i wasnt wearin a belt. but i still miss that car 😢

My first car was a 1977 Olds Cutlass Supreme. 350 Rocket and a THM350. Open rear diff, tho. Needless to say the first set of tires I put on it lasted less than 2 oil changes. :mrgreen:

My first car was a white '85 2 Door Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme with a 3.8 V6. Bought it straight outta highschool in '04 for $500. Tinted the windows dark, like 20% and put a system in it. Cruised it for a year before I found a hole in the frame. I miss that car!

Mine was a 1970 Impala W/ 396 and a 4spd, But the 1st car I was allowed to drive was a 1990 Buick Centry, That car was the biggest piece of sh*t..

Thanks
-Phil

My first car was a 1970 Ford LTD named "Baby." I learned to work on it when I was 15, then got to drive it at 17 after I got my license. it had crap in the tank from 2 yrs without the manifold on, so I was constantly changing gas filters on the side of the road. Mom traded it in on an '86 Mercury Cougar for my HS grad; wrecked that within a week. Would up in her '78 Grand Am and was happy as a lark. That was the first car ever put in my name. Changed the fuel pump in the driveway as my dad bragged to his buddy that his daughter was under the car. LOL!

After that, had a whole slew of cars. Currently just scored on my '80 Grand Am. Goin' back old school 'n lovin' it. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor