MALIBU What’s happening here now

Dezimade

Master Mechanic
Sep 22, 2021
Boston Ma.
Hey guys, if you look at the photograph, I have noticed that my air conditioner is now she blows warm. Not to mention the fact that I need to get a toggle switch so I can have my fans go on because it’s intermittent.

Any education on this would be great considering I’m not really an air-conditioning person

Attachments

• phonto.jpeg
    phonto.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
To me that looks like a crank case vent, it wouldn't have anything to do with your A/C might just be a freak occurrence they happened at the same time. When was the last time your system was charged?

Reactions: 1 users
To me that looks like a crank case vent, it wouldn't have anything to do with your A/C might just be a freak occurrence they happened at the same time. When was the last time your system was charged?
x2.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there. I had a closer look with a buddy. he seems to believe that the Ac coolant spit out of the back of the compressor. And I thought
It was that thingy I pointed out.

So the fluid, as I’m not educated with ac. I thought it was antifreeze. But it’s ac fluid with a tone that appears like fluid. And my anti freeze is yellow. So there’s that.
I will photograph the area that is most definitely where it’s coming from. But it’s the back of the compressor? Thanks dez

Hi there. I had a closer look with a buddy. he seems to believe that the Ac coolant spit out of the back of the compressor. And I thought
It was that thingy I pointed out.

So the fluid, as I’m not educated with ac. I thought it was antifreeze. But it’s ac fluid with a tone that appears like fluid. And my anti freeze is yellow. So there’s that.
I will photograph the area that is most definitely where it’s coming from. But it’s the back of the compressor? Thanks dez

Oh, it was completed over a month ago.

Additionally, I drove two hours, and on the way back, I noticed the air conditioning became exceptionally cold. It was probably the coldest I've ever felt it, which was quite relaxing since it was 90° that afternoon. The following day, or perhaps even the day after, I noticed steam coming from the driver's side. Upon closer inspection today, I realized this issue.thanks

A pic of the back of the compressor would help. You probably blew a seal where the lines bolt to the compressor. Due to high pressure the freon and oil gets everywhere.

Reactions: 2 users
A pic of the back of the compressor would help. You probably blew a seal where the lines bolt to the compressor. Due to high pressure the freon and oil gets everywhere.
Why would a seal blow. And is there anything I can learn to prevent this. As EVERY part of this ac is brand new Thanks man Dez

Here are a few

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpeg
    IMG_0179.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0182.jpeg
    IMG_0182.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0184.jpeg
    IMG_0184.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0183.jpeg
    IMG_0183.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
Here are a few
First picture you can see it looks like you are either missing a seal or the lines are not bolted to the compressor correctly/loose/something is not right, especially with the puddle of compressor oil there.

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like whoever installed the parts missed a seal or something. As the compressor builds pressure(sometimes too much if overcharged and cut off switch bypassed) and heat increases in the engine compartment and all components any possible weak area in the system will leak or blow out and lose all the refrigerant.

Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor