Whats the best place for front speakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The box is in and wired up and bolted down to the trunk floor and the seatback. I have ordered a new crossover because my old one was funky and the one I am using now is old and frankly it's junk. However when the crossover is not cutting out it sounds really good. The 6x9 Infinitys in the rear deck really pick up the mids and highs and the 2x10's hit really well ( on only about 20% power from the crossover ).

There are a couple of minor annoyances though. I get some crackle the odd time with the turn signals, the head unit is old and the CD skips over big bumps. I am looking at a new headunit with 3 pre-outs and Ipod controller ( hopefully for fathers day 🙂 if wifey is reading this ). I guess I will have to live with the interference with the spare tire; I figure once the amps are set ( and I get the new crossover with remote bass control ) there should be no reason to open up the face on the box anyways.

I weighed everything as well, total weight is 67 lbs ( thats box, amps, 2x10's and most of the cabling )

Yes ATLMonte88 those are some old-school PPI Amps. Freind who is heavy into car audio advised me to keep them because they are good quality and stable.

Sometime this summer I will start messing with some fibregalss resin and making my own kick panels and see how they turn out

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

The mess of wiring behind the panel. I have a new Lanzar vibex6 coming to replace this crossover
IMG_1014.jpg

if you really want me to, I can so a video on how to do your own kick panels, specific to gbodys, i have some stock kick panels laying around, and I have a buddy SmallblockT on here that ive already promised to do some more tutorials. if some are interested i am willing to try to help... my personal cars and projects kinda speak as to my level of experience with that sort of stuff, but i also have not shown the crazy/nice stuff that i have done and can do, for example

before i re did my bike, shortly after i bought it, i had to do something funny with the sound system (funny what people think they have done first, anyhow, i know i am one of the first, if not the first to do a 10" sub on a harley (and to make it sound good, have pics and video to prove dates etc, now everyone wants one, i gave it away)
bike_3.jpg

bike_5.jpg

bike_12.jpg

bike_14.jpg

custom pods for my lowers, now harley has some they sell on their new bikes, I did this in 2008 and made them able to be out on any harley stock lowers
100_8060.jpg

100_8083.jpg

more pods Ive made for a friends bike, different style lowers
bothlowerfarings4.jpg

bikepix103.jpg

anyhow, dont wanna flood this forum with a bunch of harley stuff, ive done tons of stuff to cars too and high end... just letting you know, im normally quite about it, but i GET DOWN! I can go on and on with examples of my personal work, etc. and I can take the stock kickpanels i have for the el co and kinda show an easy way for you to do them yourself... other than that you can buy the qlogics, I just like my own flava when i can help it

oh and to answer your question the best I can...

the "best" place to place front speakers for "imaging" I would say in any position as to "point" the projection of sound toward just in front of the driver head rest (for the passenger speaker) and the passenger headrest (for the driver side speaker... the best way to accommodate this in our gbody is by using kickpanels, or correct placement in the doors...

either way i can show u how to make a pod for your door, (which is easier) and/or the kickpanel, im going to do the video anyway, but will try to do it faster if there is interest in it

For my Grand Prix dash (Grand Am) I bought the 4x10 adapter plate off of ebay.
I installed 2 Concept 3 1/2" speakers there.
2 Infinity 3 1/2" speakers fit in the factory spots at the corner of the dash.
Both pairs were domo's so I was able to hear them both.
Different sounds from each so I'm hoping they blend together nicely
Infinity 6x9's in the rear.....still working on the rest.

new crossover came in and gone back out again efore I got a chance to install it ( sold it to a freind of mine), I picked up a Coustic xm5e for the same $$ so it all worked out. I also pickup up a pair of Inifinity 5.25" reference speakers so I have something tangible to help me with backspacing now I am looking for some grills

Since I have power windows I was able to mount my speakers where my power window switch was.
I used a pioneer component set up with 6-1/2" door speakers and I put the tweeters up on top of the dash where the little stock 3-1/2" speakers used to be. They really sound good in this location.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 982
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor