Whats wrong here (WTF Pypes?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got the pipes packed up & dropped off at Staples for UPS pick up Monday. Next to see if the guys at Pypes can see the issue first hand.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Good move sending them back. Pypes has some real problems. We bought a set for a Trans Am right from them at Englishtown. They are part of Performance Years so you'd think they'd get it right. Nothing fit right. But since the install was started on a Sunday afternoon in an active shop we were in a bind. Much cutting, welding, and swearing later we got them to work. Never again.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm just hoping that their sample proof isn't the same as my two right side pipes I sent back. Best thing is they are paying shipping cost.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Some what of good news if anyone wants to call it. Never got contacted by UPS & the ten buisness days are up, so now I'll have two kits as long as I get good right tail pipes sent back.

Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
They checked & compaired the pipes, here is the response:
Hi Dennis,

The pipes came in fine.

I compared our sample to your two pipes putting the sample in the middle. All angles looked identical... I even compared the very end of the pipe where it gets inserted into the muffler and all three pipes were the same distance to the ground. I did what you did... inserted mufflers onto the pipe and lo and behold I saw a difference. The sample pipe is lower to the ground at the end than your two pipes. That sample pipe is from 2004 and there was a slight difference. Looking at the pipe from where it goes up over the rear, going towards the muffler, the bend starts earlier where it flattens out on my sample than your two pipes. I also compared 2 more inventory pieces and they were both the same as your pipes.

Unfortunately, I don't have an alternative for you. The only thing I can tell you is to have a shop flatten out the bend a little so it doesn't stick up so high. I bet it's off a degree or two.

Your other alternative is to send back the kits to Summit and get a refund.

I will ship out your two pipes to you so that you will have complete kits.

Mike

So they can't fix their production mistake. Now to wait for the pipes to be returned & have some one else fix their on going production error. :blam:
A place that makes exhaust kits can't fix exhaust pipes they bend...

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
W.T.F.? Are you serious? Wow.... That sucks man

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I'm waiting to email or call (if I'm cooled down enough) to ask why they can't correct the production problem or atleast tweek my pipe to be correct. It's pretty bad when you find out your inventory packed for sale contains incorrectly manufactured parts from checking a customers parts that was shipped to you & the method to correct is to return to Summit or have an exhaust shop fix your short comings. I spent $431.97 (off sale it's $479.79) for a direct fit kit that only 75% fits. What really messed up is the sample pipe was lower than what I have but wouldn't say if it was flat like the drivers side. I really want to know if they'll cover the cost of someone else to try to fix their problem. With returning the second kit to Summit, tell then it wasn't UPS's fault & Pypes screwed the pooch by shipping defective kits. It's fustrating expecting to get a dirct fit kit to just install so I could figure out how to modify other parts to make things work that wasn't ment for my car. Maybe this is how the car gods tell me I should of went with side exits or the Summit kit. Maybe if I can wait for Pittsburgh's Parts-A-Rama I could b*tch them out in person. They need to fix this since they now know it is a production/quality issue.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Well that sucks. And their customer service sucks too. I'm guessing most people make it work and don't take the time to hassle them for money out of their pocket for their shitty product. Seems to be the de riguer for most companies these days unfortunately......

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor