Whelp..... progress? Hellcat engine to cease production after 2023 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that if "they" are going to force into electric vehicles "they" will make fuel and owning a gas powered vehicle so expensive with regulations and penalties that you will almost have no choice.
Oh "they" will use regulations and penalties to force people to switch to EVs, then manual to select self driving to full time self driving.

Another issue not brought up yet is the fact you don't own the software that makes computer controlled cars run. You only have a end user agreement similar to PCs. Even if you pay for an EV in full you still don't own the software that runs it. Since the softwarec is not your property, its illegal to tamper with someone else's property. Moreover, newer automotive software is loaded with much more anti tampering safeguards like DRM.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
C36D58BF-FBD6-4DF0-9458-EFC9DD758F5B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oh "they" will use regulations and penalties to force people to switch to EVs, then manual to select self driving to full time self driving.

Another issue not brought up yet is the fact you don't own the software that makes computer controlled cars run. You only have a end user agreement similar to PCs. Even if you pay for an EV in full you still don't own the software that runs it. Since the softwarec is not your property, its illegal to tamper with someone else's property. Moreover, newer automotive software is loaded with much more anti tampering safeguards like DRM.
With self driving someone is, under current laws, responsible for manslaughter/murder.

Either you program a computer to run off the road at high speed when a jaywalker/child/deer/etc comes into the road. Killing some motorists/occupants, OR, you program the vehicle to drive into the obstruction, killing the obstruction. But the computer won't be smart enough to know what the moving biological is in all cases, or have time to sufficiently act.

With a human driver, we use our judgment. But when you premeditatively program that decision in, it's different isn't it?

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
But when you premeditatively program that decision in, it's different isn't it?
Not to the "obstruction" it isn't. Deer in the headlights look will still be the same.

I'm sure that the bean-counters and lawyers are already advising car companies what the deal is or might be. They may be idiots sometimes, but they definitely are penalty-risk aversive all the time.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
With self driving someone is, under current laws, responsible for manslaughter/murder.

Either you program a computer to run off the road at high speed when a jaywalker/child/deer/etc comes into the road. Killing some motorists/occupants, OR, you program the vehicle to drive into the obstruction, killing the obstruction. But the computer won't be smart enough to know what the moving biological is in all cases, or have time to sufficiently act.

With a human driver, we use our judgment. But when you premeditatively program that decision in, it's different isn't it?

It would be much safer for everyone and better for the environment if you just learned to code, stayed home in your pod, ate your government supplied bug bars, and enjoyed your fresh air ration.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Old news, where have you been the last two years😱. I wish my Wife and I could have hid in our pods the last two years, she might not be fighting for her life. We both had more work than we wanted. The cost of going "green" is going to be crippling and do squat in the end. I can't imagine what hydro cost for a year will be in 5 years, even if you don't own an EV. We have some Solar here but I think it is pretty useless in Winter, which is a long time here.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Old news, where have you been the last two years😱. I wish my Wife and I could have hid in our pods the last two years, she might not be fighting for her life. We both had more work than we wanted. The cost of going "green" is going to be crippling and do squat in the end. I can't imagine what hydro cost for a year will be in 5 years, even if you don't own an EV. We have some Solar here but I think it is pretty useless in Winter, which is a long time here.
Cost of power has has only doubled since the drama teacher took power. How much worse could it get.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The solution, nobody/nothing will be left to complain & the planet will fix itself with out any human issues.

explosion GIF

Then the alien visitors can have all those Hellcats &LS's for themselves.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

I am going to invest in this:

It's like fracking for warmth.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I am going to invest in this:

It's like fracking for warmth.
Geothermal is great for Summer, basically eliminates A/C. Winter, supplement with wood or electric is needed for a our -40, for weeks at time. My Uncle has had it for years. We used to burn Wood, it was great burning furniture grade Ash and Oak. My In Laws let us cut it down for free, we even sold some. It did lead to my Wife hitting her Uncle with a log when he grabbed my Dad. Ah Memories.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor