Whelp..... progress? Hellcat engine to cease production after 2023 model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
With self driving someone is, under current laws, responsible for manslaughter/murder.
But it's ok depending on where you are...I mean, if you're in Waukesha, WI, for example, it's just an "unfortunate accident" when you deliberately run over a bunch of people and 6 die. But you are considered a domestic terrorist if you simply speak up about your daughter's school "molestation incident" at a school board meeting. So I'm concluding from that- I'd rather be driving. Get off my sidewalk!

• Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
But it's ok depending on where you are...I mean, if you're in Waukesha, WI, for example, it's just an "unfortunate accident" when you deliberately run over a bunch of people and 6 die. But you are considered a domestic terrorist if you simply speak up about your daughter's school "molestation incident" at a school board meeting. So I'm concluding from that- I'd rather be driving. Get off my sidewalk!

Don't say the quiet part out loud.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
🙄

Nobody is coming for your cars and “forcing “you to drive electric. When that happens I might raise an eyebrow. 🤨

It’s not gonna happen overnight. It’s going to take time to get the infrastructure in place.

It’s still in “early adopter” phase, but so close to getting out of it. Therefore, yeah, it’s gonna be expensive and require tech abilities. Nobody bought an Apple I computer for $666 back in 1976 and expected to do anything more than tinker and experiment. Now I can buy a fcking watch with more computing power than I had on my desk 20y ago.

Does it mean in 20y we’re gonna be paying $10 a gallon for something resembling gasoline to put in our obsolete but awesome cars? Will it be harder to find? Yeah. I’m expecting that. Supply and demand and all that free market BS.

I wonder how the push to get power and telephone to every house back in the 30s(?) would have gone over today. Iirc tho it resulted in advancement, competition, etc etc. and generally was a boon to those who didn’t have either. There were a lot of failed systems and devices (just ask Mr. Edison) before we arrived at our current standard. The market and the science decided.

A few new nuclear plants here and there would totally kick *ss and solve the grid issue but people are generally reactionary and afraid of things they don’t understand.

Elon publicly said he wants to outlaw all manually driven cars as he considers them death machines. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

(Not aimed at you specifically but) And in other news, Tim Apple thinks everyone should have a Macintosh computer and Coke thinks Pepsi sucks and nobody should drink it.

Yeah I think trying to get the car to drive for you is stupid and is still a long long way off and is gonna get more people killed.

And This whole “slippery slope” BS is just that. Nobody’s forcing you to buy one. Nobody’s hauling you off to the gulag if you don’t. The “free market” will decide. It is deciding. If Chrysler doesn’t want to make Hellcats any more…. 🤷‍♂️ Convince them they're wrong. If a bunch of TV fanboy nerds can convince a studio to bring back old programs…. Just saying.

And with that, I’ll just say this as I put my admin hat on, no doubt branding me a commie pinko sympathizer by most of you again, ….

Let’s stay on topic and leave the political BS and world domination slippery slope conspiracy stuff out of it. Please? It’d be nice to actually discuss a topic without all that.

Kthx.

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The solution, nobody/nothing will be left to complain & the planet will fix itself with out any human issues.

explosion GIF

Then the alien visitors can have all those Hellcats &LS's for themselves.
Aliens are smarter than to use the LS for anything. I mean they would've achieved spaceflight. The hemis on the other hand might be worthwhile to them.

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
🙄

Nobody is coming for your cars and “forcing “you to drive electric. When that happens I might raise an eyebrow. 🤨

It’s not gonna happen overnight. It’s going to take time to get the infrastructure in place.

It’s still in “early adopter” phase, but so close to getting out of it. Therefore, yeah, it’s gonna be expensive and require tech abilities. Nobody bought an Apple I computer for $666 back in 1976 and expected to do anything more than tinker and experiment. Now I can buy a fcking watch with more computing power than I had on my desk 20y ago.

Does it mean in 20y we’re gonna be paying $10 a gallon for something resembling gasoline to put in our obsolete but awesome cars? Will it be harder to find? Yeah. I’m expecting that. Supply and demand and all that free market BS.

I wonder how the push to get power and telephone to every house back in the 30s(?) would have gone over today. Iirc tho it resulted in advancement, competition, etc etc. and generally was a boon to those who didn’t have either. There were a lot of failed systems and devices (just ask Mr. Edison) before we arrived at our current standard. The market and the science decided.

A few new nuclear plants here and there would totally kick *ss and solve the grid issue but people are generally reactionary and afraid of things they don’t understand.

(Not aimed at you specifically but) And in other news, Tim Apple thinks everyone should have a Macintosh computer and Coke thinks Pepsi sucks and nobody should drink it.

Yeah I think trying to get the car to drive for you is stupid and is still a long long way off and is gonna get more people killed.

And This whole “slippery slope” BS is just that. Nobody’s forcing you to buy one. Nobody’s hauling you off to the gulag if you don’t. The “free market” will decide. It is deciding. If Chrysler doesn’t want to make Hellcats any more…. 🤷‍♂️ Convince them they're wrong. If a bunch of TV fanboy nerds can convince a studio to bring back old programs…. Just saying.

And with that, I’ll just say this as I put my admin hat on, no doubt branding me a commie pinko sympathizer by most of you again, ….

Let’s stay on topic and leave the political BS and world domination slippery slope conspiracy stuff out of it. Please? It’d be nice to actually discuss a topic without all that.

Kthx.
We can all still make fun of this idiot though? Right?

Trudeau Ohcanada GIF by keenlydesign

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
We can all still make fun of this idiot though? Right?

Trudeau Ohcanada GIF by keenlydesign

Why tho, Stark Industries has done so much lately. Too bad about the whole snap thing though. At least we still have Thor and Dr. Banner.

iron man GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Aliens are smarter than to use the LS for anything. I mean they would've achieved spaceflight. The hemis on the other hand might be worthwhile to them.
Aw C'mon man........ (hehe).

Scare tactics by the Dodge people with all of this damn Hellcat 'all done by 2023' garbage IMO. If Dodge would've put it in something other than those damn cars in a production number like GM did, then everyone could have gads of them in their garage as well.

Oh well, another Dodge deal ;)

On another note, 69Hurst - follow the money. And keep track of what the media is feeding ya', you do know that the media's menu is just that - pick something different off from it, or cook at home.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Aw C'mon man........ (hehe).

Scare tactics by the Dodge people with all of this damn Hellcat 'all done by 2023' garbage IMO. If Dodge would've put it in something other than those damn cars in a production number like GM did, then everyone could have gads of them in their garage as well.

Oh well, another Dodge deal ;)

On another note, 69Hurst - follow the money. And keep track of what the media is feeding ya', you do know that the media's menu is just that - pick something different off from it, or cook at home.
When has GM made anything worth owning other then a Cadillac or a Corvette? Both more than I want to spend. It's been a long time, IMHO, I am still gifted with sight😉. All V8's are doomed, period. Honestly, Dodge has almost no engines running direct injection, somehow they are still gaining HP or mostly staying the same🤔. Dodge is planning on keeping this old model along side the new model for a year or two, like the "Classic" trucks, just no Hellcat Hemi. I hope the new Inline 6 isn't just a rumour. I want a mildly boosted inline 6 AWD Classic Challenger please.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Well, Strenlantis has announced, all current Challenger's will be done by 2023, then an all electric for the 2024 new model. Crap, a little sooner but I will buy one of last ones made. The Camaro the same, no loss, it just has never looked right. Will the Mustang follow suit, with no gas model? Sorry, the current Electric version doesn't look great. Even if any of them look good, will they have a 1000 km range available? I would bet, not even close. Yes, we drive 300 km one way to go fishing and return the same day. It is right next to a Hydro Electric Dam but when and where will all these fast rate charge stations be installed? I'm not shopping for hours just to charge my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor