When Do You Park It For Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
This will be the second winter I haven't been able to drive the Monte Carlo. Last year was because of the fuel pump, this year the transmission. I wasn't planning on driving it in the snow or salt but I was gonna drive it in the winter. That TBI is pretty nice in cold weather. Just start it up and go back in the house till it warms up. Gotta love that.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
Last 3 years I have parked it for the coldest months of winter. Typically the first week of December and pull it out the first week of March. Last year it was January to March as it was so warm ! Previous to that if the roads are clear and dry in winter I will take it for a spin. But other than GP not sure if anyone else puts as many miles on here in S.Ont.

rad928music

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 30, 2009
Minnesota
I use to drive mine all the time when it was my only car and I was in Tech School late 90's -2000's
Drove it in a Big Snow storm with Basically Slicks on it, got stuck after about 10 miles and took the original 14inch wheels and tires on it that I had in the trunk for weight on in the middle on the street (No other cars on the road at the time).
I use to load her up with 70 pound sand bags in the trunk and got thru some tough storms.
Now I park it in December before the snow and salt eat the rest of it up.
Minnesota winters will tear your car up.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i have one more to store this week. weather has been beautiful and dry this fall. normally they're in hibernation about mid october.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Never, that's why I moved south

Reactions: 1 users

deanlemans81

G-Body Guru
Sep 7, 2010
Acton Vale, Quebec, Canada
Wrapped the boat and put it to sleep last weekend, the Lemans will follow by the end of the month. My yearly tags expire nov 30 so that's when it goes down, depending on the weather, until mid April. Makes me want to cry every year.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Since mine has EFI now I will drive it til the salt flies.

Reactions: 1 users

houston_t

Greasemonkey
Nov 15, 2016
Metro Detroit
I drive mines till they put salt down then it stays stored till after they stop salting and it has rained a couple times.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Thanksgiving weekend or when the snow flies.

Or that one winter the Durango, Firebird, and Cherokee broke and I had to drive the cutlass for a few weeks. Only bad thing is when I would start it after sitting for a little while (20 minutes) the choke would close and it would get up on fast idle. Then you would drive away like nothing since it was still warm but when you hit the brake the fast idle on the carb would be on and the front tires would lock up and just get pushed around with the rear tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor