where to buy steel body mounts

86 GN LS CLONE

n00b
Jul 5, 2017
looking for steel body mounts for my 86 regal . who makes and sells them ? thanks

GuysMonteSS

GuysMonteSS

G-Body Guru
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Longroof79

Longroof79

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Some years back someone sold aluminum body mounts. Other than being used on a strictly track car, I couldn't see them being used on the street. I think the ride would be much too harsh. It would probably jar your teeth loose,

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Some years back someone sold aluminum body mounts. Other than being used on a strictly track car, I couldn't see them being used on the street. I think the ride would be much too harsh. It would probably jar your teeth loose,
when we raced G bodies the rules were no steel, we had to stick with rubber bushings so we used hockey pucks

Longroof79

Longroof79

Geezer
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
when we raced G bodies the rules were no steel, we had to stick with rubber bushings so we used hockey pucks
Steve,
I have heard of hockey pucks being used, but never steel.

UNGN

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I'm pretty sure my 2+2 got Hockey pucks, at least that is what I told the guy who was caging in and putting in the fuel cell cage.

I recommend that all contact between metal and plastic or plastic and plastic has something that dampens vibration in between, or the buzzing will drive you nuts. For years I would be tearing pieces of paper, folding them up and shoving them into gaps to dampen the noise.

melloelky

melloelky

G-Body Guru
Oct 22, 2017
mass
if you do decide to run the solid mounts,use a stock style bushing @the radiator support or else your headlights won't last.

-83MONTESS-

-83MONTESS-

Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I used the aluminum ones from JT Racecraft on my 83. I didn't mind them at all. When it was totalled out and I started pulling parts I was too lazy to pull them so they went to the scrapper with the shell.

I think people over dramatize the solid bushing being too harsh thing. Same with engine mounts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Frame / Chassis / Suspension / Steering 27