Where was your G-Body built?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Hi Guys! So just out of curiosity, I found this page: https://www.dmv.org/vehicle-history/vin-decoder.php, and put in the VIN of my wagon. I found out it was built in Arlington, Texas. According to Wikipedia (for what that's worth) G-Bodies were built in the following locations:
  • Arlington, Texas
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Doraville, Georgia
  • Flint, Michigan
  • Framingham, Massachusetts
  • Fremont, California
  • Kansas City, Missouri
  • Lakewood Heights, Georgia
  • Oshawa, Ontario
  • Pontiac, Michigan
  • Ramos Arizpe, Mexico
  • Sainte-Therese, Quebec
  • Valencia Carabobo, Venezuela
Just curious where everyone's car was built. Also, any personal stories if you or friends or family worked in a plant that manufactured G-Bodies, or have any stories related to plants where the G-Body was built would be great too!

Reactions: 1 user

dr78442

G-Body Guru
Mar 15, 2010
massapequa park NY
78 Olds cutlass ...Framingham, Massachusetts

Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
In my shop hahahaha

Coupe is Leeds (KC), wagon is Arlington TX

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
My Monte was built at the Leeds (Kansas City, Mo.) plant. It made its way all the way to Bellevue, Pa being sold at Nick Corsello Chevrolet (now Classic Chevrolet.)

Reactions: 1 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
In my shop hahahaha

You stole my answer. Good one!!

I was going to say in my shop because I had to undo or redo 95% of what the previous owner tried to do. It's taken me almost a year to correct his "engineering" leading me to the proclamation that I will NEVER purchase someone else's half finished project again unless I know the person EXTREMELY well or the vehicle has already been 100% sorted out beforehand.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor