Status
Not open for further replies.

elcotrk

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2021
Time to replace front shocks or should I upgrade to Coilover
Any pros/cons on the idea
Thx

Was it direct bolt in with OEM A-arms, remove coil springs, shocks replace with Coilover shocks?
Fairly simple job?
Thx

Was it direct bolt in with OEM A-arms, remove coil springs, shocks replace with Coilover shocks?
Fairly simple job?
Thx
Nope, need aftermarket a arms with any of the coil over setups as far as I know.

My son put in set with stock arms that required a support on the lower arm. The support is thick and makes dropping the ride height difficult due to being out of adjustment on the coilover.

Needless to say, the a-arms are on order lol.

Other than that, they are expensive as Streetbu mentioned. Personally, I've never dropped the $1500 to convert to coilovers and aftermarket a-arms.

Reactions: Streetbu
Viking coil overs with 2.5" diameter springs. I'm not going to comment on ride since I believe it soley depends on the spring rate you are coming from and going to.

Two major advantages are adjustable shock settings and spring position. One minor advantage, spring rate can be changed by swapping just the coil spring which can be removed without taking the front suspension apart.

Attachments

• 20211201_221216.jpg
    20211201_221216.jpg
    592.4 KB · Views: 115
Viking coil overs with 2.5" diameter springs. I'm not going to comment on ride since I believe it soley depends on the spring rate you are coming from and going to.

Two major advantages are adjustable shock settings and spring position. One minor advantage, spring rate can be changed by swapping just the coil spring which can be removed without taking the front suspension apart.
Correct, but they still require an aftermarket control arm.

My son put in set with stock arms that required a support on the lower arm. The support is thick and makes dropping the ride height difficult due to being out of adjustment on the coilover.

Needless to say, the a-arms are on order lol.

Other than that, they are expensive as Streetbu mentioned. Personally, I've never dropped the $1500 to convert to coilovers and aftermarket a-arms.
Thx,,, for replying seems a bit much for now, gonna replace shocks for now.might become a winter project in the future

Thx,,, for replying seems a bit much for now, gonna replace shocks for now.might become a winter project in the future
Bilstein B6 - night and day over any Monroe, Gabriel, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor