OLDS Looks Like I'm Buying a 1978 Cutlass, Boys

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Not familiar with a frame rail fuel filter on a 78 Cutlass V8 gas. Or did I miss something? Sounds to me if you have one it's aftermarket. If your carb filter looked halfway decent, your sock filter in the tank is probably ok.

Reactions: 1 users

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
Not familiar with a frame rail fuel filter on a 78 Cutlass V8 gas. Or did I miss something? Sounds to me if you have one it's aftermarket. If your carb filter looked halfway decent, your sock filter in the tank is probably ok.
Right on. It's been so long I couldn't remember if there was one under there or not. Guess we're in business then.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
78 should have the sock on the pickup in the tank. Then the one in the nose of the carb. Yours looks to be the short filter.

Reactions: 1 user

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Pic on removing the pin.

Screenshot_20231026-003229.png

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I did some things to the car today, and it's just getting better as I go. I honestly can't believe this is happening to me because.... well, reasons. Things are good and looking even better for the first time in a very, very long time. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Men do that occasionally.

One of today's goals was blocked by "The Russians" though- American Family can't issue new policies until Monday due to someone getting hacked. That meant no tags, which means I'm not driving her to work in 8 hours. So I went home and worked towards restoring Gina to her former glory. Raul Malo provided many of today's tunes, and boy does he sum up how I feel about her.

I have quite a bit to share with all of you, and it's killing me to not do it now but it has to be done right. I've been taking pictures as I work, which is new to me and slowing the process but will definitely be worth it when the story unfolds. And Oh what a story!

I've got to eat and try to force a nap before work, and I'll be dead after that so I doubt I'll work on the car but we'll see. I'm switching from 9 hr long 2nd shifts 5 x week to 12 hr morning shifts on the weekends. This will get me on a more productive schedule and free up some weekdays to do so. I intend to start a new thread documenting all of the details and events that have transpired just as soon as I can, but if I can work on the Cutty I ain't typing here unless I need your help. And thank you all for your help.

I hope to start that thread Friday night and will no longer be posting to this one. Thank you again for the help you've provided me and so many others.

Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I did some things to the car today, and it's just getting better as I go. I honestly can't believe this is happening to me because.... well, reasons. Things are good and looking even better for the first time in a very, very long time. It literally brought tears to my eyes. Men do that occasionally.

One of today's goals was blocked by "The Russians" though- American Family can't issue new policies until Monday due to someone getting hacked. That meant no tags, which means I'm not driving her to work in 8 hours. So I went home and worked towards restoring Gina to her former glory. Raul Malo provided many of today's tunes, and boy does he sum up how I feel about her.

I have quite a bit to share with all of you, and it's killing me to not do it now but it has to be done right. I've been taking pictures as I work, which is new to me and slowing the process but will definitely be worth it when the story unfolds. And Oh what a story!

I've got to eat and try to force a nap before work, and I'll be dead after that so I doubt I'll work on the car but we'll see. I'm switching from 9 hr long 2nd shifts 5 x week to 12 hr morning shifts on the weekends. This will get me on a more productive schedule and free up some weekdays to do so. I intend to start a new thread documenting all of the details and events that have transpired just as soon as I can, but if I can work on the Cutty I ain't typing here unless I need your help. And thank you all for your help.

I hope to start that thread Friday night and will no longer be posting to this one. Thank you again for the help you've provided me and so many others.
Glad to hear you've got good vibes going on and the car is coming together for you. We can look forward to what you'll have to share eventually

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Call it a "Cutty" ONE MORE TIME....and I'm outta here. To me, that's a racial slur. :LOL:

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

spongbob

Greasemonkey
Oct 1, 2022
I had 'one of those sister models buick park lane" or some such .It was a car I had repaired for my cousin ,and after passing to there kid and getting the side swiped out. It came into my possession with its rebuilt motor / revamped suspension and exhaust tweaks new brakes ect.Shirt story one winter I had to drive that girl"....I fell in love with her ...that car was a chapter " in my life .despite the fact that I had no title( title loaners) I managed to avoid fines as the car wasn't in my name how could I provide insuence "?!....it is what it was brother lol...spell check asides cousins long dead girlfriends done gone (former) .For the record better financial times left me in a position to sell that old car'....I sold it to some teen driver who drove off with a new napa battery in it ( wasn't in the deal) for 200 in perfect mechanical shape ...no title of course...do I think about it... naugh..

Last edited:

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
BedLiner? Use one of those cheap fluffy roller kits from the hardware store. Dump the 'liner in the tray and use the roller to lay it down. If you want some kind of texture to the coating, leave the roller marks. They are random enough to appear like they were the effect that was being sought.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor