Wooo... new ride! Pictures added

Status
Not open for further replies.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Thanks for the tip on raising the front, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind... :wink:

And that's my thought exactly, if one is bad... The others are probably all on their way out. So why not nip it in the bud and get them all in one shot with quality brass plugs that will probably out live me. :lol: Ever look at pictures of the Titanic wreck? There's only a handful of things that aren't rotten and falling apart and it's all the brass fittings in the bridge and the brass spigots in the bathrooms. :lol: That's proof enough to me that brass is the way to go. Plus brass should seal better, it's a little softer metal and with a little sealer of some kind... High tack, or lock tight, or something it should probably seal better than stainless or plain steel.

I was thinking I'd just undo the U-joint behind the transmission... And slip the whole shebang out. No?

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
**** yeah. I own an F-body too, i have a 73 Camaro LT/ RS (and yes that IS possible). See though i can't feel good about typing an explanation, subframe is leaning up against the wall, nough said. Anyways, ****ing awesome car. :D :D :D :D :D

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
tc1959 said:
Is that 200 MPH blue tape ? 8)

nah thats just painters tape. i didnt wanna mess up the paint :rofl:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
:lol: no thanks. I like the 82-92 body style but I still like this better. :wink:

And I agree, mine says "radially tuned suspension" whatever the hell that is supposed to mean... Haha. I have lots of plans for this car, after getting the motor back in and the body work sorted out and painted, I'm going to do suspension upgrades. Not expecting much though out of leaf springs.

And thanks everyone for the compliments. I like it too. :mrgreen:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Slow work... It sucks working on the ground outside work had to cease about 10 minutes ago due to darkness. :roll: What I would do for a nice heated garage, with lights, and a lift! :cry: Instead of working on whats left of the foundation of my old barn by myself, on a flattened card board box. It must look so ghetto to anyone who see's it, but what the hell do I care... my neighborhood is ghetto anyway. :lol: What was I thinking buying this thing going into winter? Oh well, at least I can work on it while it's miserable out... Instead of wasting cruise time next spring when it would be nicer to work outside. 8)

Everything is undone now though at least. All I need to do is unbolt the two top bolts on the bell housing and the motor mounts and lift the sonofabitch out of there. Had to take the headers off... Which was easy as pie. The former owner was nice enough to put anti seize on all the threads of the bolts. Didn't really want to take them off, but getting the motor out will be a lot easier this way at least.

I decided to leave the transmission in... Getting the bolts on the bell housing, and flywheel was easier than I expected. Nothing broke, and everything came loose without too much effort, the hardest part I haven't practiced being a contortionist for reaching bolts in a while. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor