work list

Status
Not open for further replies.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
thanx gwhiz, that was quick! so im prolly better off just getting another holley redtop then, or do you have any other recomendations? oh and btw i cant spell lol.

gwhiz

Greasemonkey
Aug 21, 2012
the holley is good but it might be getting gummed up or sediment build up. my buddy runs one one a mustang and he has a inline filter before the pump to keep crap out of the pump and he has not any problems with it.i run a mechanicle pump because imo they are more reliable. also make sure you got a good ground.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
today i took off the fuel pump and took it apart to clean it. the pump part looked very good, all the veins moved freely and weren't worn out, but then i took the motor apart and well, thats where i found the problem. it turns out both magnets were cracked in 1/2 and binding on the motor, and thats what was causing the inconsistencies in the pump. so this afternoon my dad gave me a loan so i can get a new one, and ill pay him back on friday or saturday. so there that is... other than that ive removed the headliner that the PO said was new(lies...)and found the build sheet. re sealed the top of the inside of the windshield because it was leaking somewhere. other than that, um... not too much to dwell on. OH! my manual choke cable broke off in the cab, so now i have to bolt it on because the crappy screws broke the old plastic of the dash. i found out when i took off the a and b pillars that the plastick was org. gray and poorly painted red. i think i can fix that easily with some adheasion permotor and some gm oxblood paint.
this car, i have weird feelings for...i wanna sell it, but i also want to fix it up more. i guess as i get older i wanna do things better... or something...ive been drinking :lol:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
beermonkey9417 said:
this car, i have weird feelings for...i wanna sell it, but i also want to fix it up more.
I've got the saaaame problem. Right now I'm definitely into my car but I'm constantly fighting myself over what I really want for a project car. Hang on to the ol' Regal and keep turning it into an is-what-it-is autocross/cruiser, or join the dark side and track down a little Porsche 944 or a Nissan S13 that hasn't been hacked to hell already. :lightsab:
I mean if I did get a new project car then I'd feel obligated to sell one. I'm not really rich enough to own+upgrade two cars. :oops:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
well i got the pump and installed it, and then nothing happened. :shock: soo after taking like 2 hours to install it by my self and getting gas all over me, i decided to take a break for 24 hrs. and tackle it the next day. so i then remove it and got more gas on me. well i tried to test it on the battery and it did nothing, so im thinking that its got something in the pump thats binding it or something. so i take the pump apart and thats clean and fine and no debris but i still cant turn it, so i put that back together and take the motor apart. i took the magnet housing off to expose the guts and then i got it to turn by hand. i guess it got stuck and just needed a lil help. after putting it back together i tested it on the battery and wa-la! it werks! so then it only took me 1/2 an hourto re mount it and it werks perfect.
i put another ad on CL and got someone to come take a look at the elky, well my dumbass left the heater motor plugged in and it drained the battery, so i had to try and use the battery from my infiniti and the terminals were on the total opposite side of the battery, so that didnt go over well and the buyer pritty much ran away. well at least some on took some intrest in it...
OH! and if yer reading this from the mountain in france, yer an idiot for thinking the world is ending. please stay in the hole you crawled into, and dont come out. unless yer a hot chick, then come over and make me a topless sammich pls :mrgreen:

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
beermonkey9417 said:
unless yer a hot chick, then come over and make me a topless sammich pls :mrgreen:
x2

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
do you guys really want a topless sandwich or do you want a topless hot chick to make you sandwich?.. :mrgreen:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
well its official, i sold the elky for $2,00.00 cash. A woman around my age maybe a lil younger came out to look at the car and heres how the story goes. she met me at night at the local jiffy lube after closing time while i was sitting in the car listening to the radio with the car running. so she pulls up and we introduce our selves, she asks "What does it need?" I said paint, windshield, and door hinges. she ask to sit in it, gives it some gas and likes the noise, then i tell her about the shifter and that theres manual steering. she says "Oh, so its does it automaticly?" i told her theres no power assist so it will be hard when going slow but when ya get past 5mph its alot easier. she says "Ok, where can we do this?" I pointed her tward the liquor store behind the juffy lube and there she filled out the bills of sale and handed me a fat stack. the whole time this is happening im TRING SO HARD not to freak out and start giggling or smiling profusely. so she lets me count the money while she attends to nature calling. Inside my head im freaking out so bad i forgot how to count, twice. after i flub around with the counting she comes out and i hand her the title. she goes to buy some snacks and i ask to get the keys for a minute to get some tools out of the elky. i go out side and get my tools and pop the hood to unplug the heater fan so the battery doesnt die on her. in my haste i forgot to remove the plates and tell her about the rad. fan switch. i texted her later after explaining this story to my friends telling her about the fan switch and to dispose of the plates. the funniest part for me was she didnt walk around the car, she didnt look under the hood, or even try and play with the buttons or dials or anything, she just wanted the trar. im still kinda giddy 2 days later. so now to save that money and my tax returns. then fix my dd and look for a new gbody project. i miss my gbody, but i hope its in a better place.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
lol she live like an hour and a half away and im not her type, i have a penis. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor