Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
sebastian305 said:
Longroof79 said:
Hello Sebastien,

Good to hear from you, mon ami. I'm glad to see that you still drop in for a visit now and then. Thank you for you feedback.
How did your Golf engine swap go? Is it all back together and running?
How are you doing with the wagon?

Take care my friend. We'll talk again soon.

Jack

Hello Jack,

It is always a pleasure to come and read.

Yes the swap from Golf engine is ok, it works perfectly. this turbo diesel engine there two different injections systems and with or without recycling of exhaust gases. I have rendered this service a good friend, it can not change cars at the moment.
My Malibu Wagon is still my only car, I keep preciously, she is faithful. A second car (European) should I buy because gasoline is always more expensive in France.

A plus tard Jacques.
Good night my friend.

Bonjour Sebastien,
I'm glad to hear that you were successful with the Golf. I would imagine that it's a fairly dependable car. Hopefully you can limit the use of the wagon, and use the Golf as everyday transportation. Is the Golf your car? I assumed that it was. :?
You definitely need a fuel efficient car in Europe. Hope you find something decent and affordable.
Hope you're having a good weekend. Be well my friend

Bonne soire'e
A plus tard

Jacques

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Looking good Jack! I bet you're getting anxious!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
O. D. Showtime said:

Hi Kevin,
Getting anxious is an understatement. I'd like to put some sort of paint booth together. I'll probably end up removing everything from the garage and cover the walls and ceiling in plastic...and rig up a few box fans and A/C filters. I really want to do it myself this time. If I screw it up, I only have myself to blame. :?

At least once it's painted, I can start putting the glass back in and hang the doors...and start putting the interior together.
The interior is somewhat incomplete, but hopefully I'll find the pieces that I need...
There's still a good deal of work ahead, and it's really not too far away from completion. I know I'm being an optimist. :lol:

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
oranGekrate said:
This is going to be one very good looking wagon. I am a big fan of what you've done to it. The very cool bumper mods, paint choice, the muscle car style dog dish cap setup. All very nice work and creative thought. Well done. I'll be enjoying this thread till you finish.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and feedback, It's much appreciated. I'm trying to keep it within a budget. We'll see what happens.
My plan was to keep it old school. Steelies, dog dish caps, '60's vintage Chevy mirrors, etc.

I saw a pic of your Blazer. That's pretty sweet. A few buddies and I drove a '71 K5 cross country back in the mid '70's. It was originally a 6 cyl. 3-spd manual on the column. My friend swapped out a low miles 350 2-bbl with headers and kept in stick shift.
It hauled a pop-up camper trailer pretty well.

BTW, what's your first name? Nice to have you aboard.

oranGekrate

Greasemonkey
Oct 25, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Longroof79 said:
oranGekrate said:
This is going to be one very good looking wagon. I am a big fan of what you've done to it. The very cool bumper mods, paint choice, the muscle car style dog dish cap setup. All very nice work and creative thought. Well done. I'll be enjoying this thread till you finish.

Thanks so much for your encouragement and feedback, It's much appreciated. I'm trying to keep it within a budget. We'll see what happens.
My plan was to keep it old school. Steelies, dog dish caps, '60's vintage Chevy mirrors, etc.

I saw a pic of your Blazer. That's pretty sweet. A few buddies and I drove a '71 K5 cross country back in the mid '70's. It was originally a 6 cyl. 3-spd manual on the column. My friend swapped out a low miles 350 2-bbl with headers and kept in stick shift.
It hauled a pop-up camper trailer pretty well.

BTW, what's your first name? Nice to have you aboard.

Thanks for the compliments on the Blazer. Names Charlie. I don't want to muddle up your thread, but I am new to the Gbody cars. Always liked the wagons and 2dr malibu. I started liking them when one smoked my 64 chevyII I once had lol. I consider these to be "new" cars. I like junk from 70 and older normally. Btw, I think you mentioned you weren't building a show car, umm, yes you are lol. Keep it clean and drive the wheels off it.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Longroof79 said:
O. D. Showtime said:

Hi Kevin,
Getting anxious is an understatement. I'd like to put some sort of paint booth together. I'll probably end up removing everything from the garage and cover the walls and ceiling in plastic...and rig up a few box fans and A/C filters. I really want to do it myself this time. If I screw it up, I only have myself to blame. :?

At least once it's painted, I can start putting the glass back in and hang the doors...and start putting the interior together.
The interior is somewhat incomplete, but hopefully I'll find the pieces that I need...
There's still a good deal of work ahead, and it's really not too far away from completion. I know I'm being an optimist. :lol:

Sounds like you've got a plan. You might as well see it through now. With the top quality work you've put in this far I'm sure it will turn out great!

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
oranGekrate said:
Thanks for the compliments on the Blazer. Names Charlie. I don't want to muddle up your thread, but I am new to the Gbody cars. Always liked the wagons and 2dr malibu. I started liking them when one smoked my 64 chevyII I once had lol. I consider these to be "new" cars. I like junk from 70 and older normally. Btw, I think you mentioned you weren't building a show car, umm, yes you are lol. Keep it clean and drive the wheels off it.

Nice to meet you, Charlie. Don't worry, you're not muddling up my thread.
I too am a fan of early stuff as well. I always loved all types of wagons, sedan deliveries, panels.... you name it.
For as long as I've owned this car, I've always had the dream of building it into a 2-dr version. I gave up the idea years ago. It was just more work than I wanted to handle. Besides, it had been my daily driver for many years.
It won't be a show car, but a clean driver/cruiser. My plan is to have overdrive, A/C back in it, and some creature comforts...and like you said, "Drive the wheels off it". :D

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I recently painted the jambs and sills, and rehung my tailgate and new doors. Hopefully with the mild spell we've been having, I can get more work done..
MVC-887S_zpse6015ef9.jpg

MVC-889S_zpsef40c151.jpg

MVC-888S_zpse9708133.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
That is really looking good. I'm just wondering since you're so modest about the great work you do just what do you mean by a "mild" 355... :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor