Regina Sask. Canada
Looking good Jack!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Looks good Jack!

Better weather than us....freezing rain yesterday, just plain COLD today. Not the best day for tractor repairs, but did it anyway :roll:

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
pontiacgp said:
That is really looking good. I'm just wondering since you're so modest about the great work you do just what do you mean by a "mild" 355... :mrgreen:
Thanks Steve,
You're much too kind... :) The engine is rather mild. Nothing radical about it. A 4-bolt main truck block, cast crank, flat top pistons, stock heads with a 3-angle valve job, a Comp Cams 268 cam, 1.5 roller tip rockers, a Performer intake with a 600 cfm Holley carb, Accel HEI distributor and a set of Blackjack headers. Probably putting out around 300 hp. I build it more for longevity with some performance. I'd like to add a set of Vortec heads down the road....and of course finish my 200-4R trans. and change the gears back to 3.42.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Ribbedroof said:
Looks good Jack!

Better weather than us....freezing rain yesterday, just plain COLD today. Not the best day for tractor repairs, but did it anyway :roll:
Thanks Brian.
I did see the weather map earlier. A big chunk of the country is experiencing a nasty cold front...including California, Arizona, and you guys in Oklahoma, and Texas. It's heading east, so I'll enjoy it while it's here. We've been lucky so far.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bonjour Sebastien,
Merci mon ami. :) Thank you my friend. It's always nice to hear from you.

We'll talk soon.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
tc1959 said:
Glad you are having some mild weather. It is 28 degrees here in sunny Phoenix this AM. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes Paul, I've seen it on the Weather channel. That's gotta be some record breaking weather. I've never heard it get that cold in Phoenix...and southern California for that matter. :shock:

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Hey Jack, every time I see the progress you have made I feel lazy by comparison. That's gonna be some smooth wagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor