Worst modification you can make to a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about the gi-normous marquee stickers that people put at the top of their windshields so the world can read that you own a "PONTIAC" or "CHEVY". I also hate to see modern badges on older cars. The new age Olds emblem on an older Cutlass for instance. Or recent "SS" emblems on an older Monte. Just doesn't look right IMO because it's not era correct.

trevorjm said:
I ended up with those after buying AC Delco wires that didn't fit, and I bought another set of AC Delco wires that still wouldn't fit, and got frustrated and bought those. They work but you're right I wish they weren't yellow.

Yeah, it's not that I'm knocking Accel, it's just that damn yellow lol.

G-Body_Vet said:
How about the gi-normous marquee stickers that people put at the top of their windshields so the world can read that you own a "PONTIAC" or "CHEVY". I also hate to see modern badges on older cars. The new age Olds emblem on an older Cutlass for instance. Or recent "SS" emblems on an older Monte. Just doesn't look right IMO because it's not era correct.

Im gonna have to disagree on the badging.. If done properly they look great thats just my opinion, heres mine.

pixs022.jpg

meandmybaby-1.jpg

T-TOP TONY said:
Im gonna have to disagree on the badging.. If done properly they look great thats just my opinion, heres mine.

Yours actually looks good. I think it's more of the newer Monte Carlo scripts that I don't care for. Still can't sell me on the recent Olds emblem though! I saw a Cutlass with that embroidered in the headrests and it just didn't look right.

ok I held back the truth but I've got to be honest.

I went to best buy and on display in the audio section there was this gigantic rearview mirror w/ a miniature video camera in the top right corner of it. I asked the employee why the mirror is in the audio section w/ the subs and he says "oh yeah theres also a microphone in addition to the camera so you can hear whats going on behind the car as well. It's pretty interesting but they should have just made the standard beep-beep-beep like a truck backing up instead."

Well I wasnt going to buy the mirror but I noticed there werent any actually there and that the display model was the last one in the store, so I asked to see the manager and said keep it real nobody is going to buy this mirror so give it to me half price and I didn't think he'd agree, but he did I got it for $80.

So I eventually have the mirror installed at this shop because they were already doing something else for me, but since they did it for free there was no mirror hanger! So the mirror is just swinging by the cord from the ceiling so I just clip it to the visor and have to use the camera to see whats coming up behind me on the highway. Did I mention that, obviously, since the cutlass isn't advanced enough to tell the camera when its in reverse its on at all times.

I've got dual exhaust, so when I put the microphone on to see what its like I start realizing that the mirror was a complete waste of money. Ever play that old arcade game from like 1986 'grand prix?' The only noise you can hear from the mic sounds like the racecar from that old video game on full blast with 16bit sound. Therefore, the camera is useless in reverse because the car is already on and the mic is mounted right by a set of dual flowmasters - so the only time I might need the mic it would be useless!

I go to custom shops everywhere and they're all like "where the hell did you find this mirror it's huge!? Nobody makes a rearview mirror hanger for this you should just take it back" but I couldnt give up on the mirror and it's still in the car today.

It was definitely a 'stupid modification' especially since when my rear window blew out I replaced it with a normal window and alll the other windows are tinted except the rear. It's against the law to watch TV in either state I would be at driving so the car makes me vulnerable to a ticket at anytime! Anyway just thought I'd share the story, I dont have a pic cause the car is in storeage but maybe soon I'll be able to add one

I hate exposed carbon fibre... it's a hightech construction material... not a f**kin fashion statement...

Removing the HVAC box and putting a block off plate instead. It just looks like you didn't have the skill to replace the box with a non AC, or you couldn't trim and fiberglass as needed. It looks so plain on that side compared to the driver side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor