Worst modification you can make to a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Worst modification you can make to a g body

79 loserbluebu said:
Removing the HVAC box and putting a block off plate instead. It just looks like you didn't have the skill to replace the box with a non AC, or you couldn't trim and fiberglass as needed. It looks so plain on that side compared to the driver side.
Totally agree epic fail, It just looks unfinished,if you want to remove the AC get a AC deleat heater box and do it right. :roll:

tc1959 said:
79 loserbluebu said:
Removing the HVAC box and putting a block off plate instead. It just looks like you didn't have the skill to replace the box with a non AC, or you couldn't trim and fiberglass as needed. It looks so plain on that side compared to the driver side.
Totally agree epic fail, It just looks unfinished,if you want to remove the AC get a AC deleat heater box and do it right. :roll:

But what if you want to remove the AC and the Heat?

silent_orchestra said:
tc1959 said:
79 loserbluebu said:

But what if you want to remove the AC and the Heat?
For those of us that have other vehicles to drive and our GBody's rarely get driven or raced, the heat and A/C is not neccessary and just takes up space in the engine compartment. It opens up room for other things to be mounted to the firewall as well :idea:

I would say unless the space is absolutely needed then it's detrimental to the value of the car if the heater/ac is removed. Then there's the times when it's raining and the windshield steams up...nice to have a defroster that works

everyone painting there 350 olds gold

chrome irocs on a cutlass

pontiacgp said:
I would say unless the space is absolutely needed then it's detrimental to the value of the car if the heater/ac is removed. Then there's the times when it's raining and the windshield steams up...nice to have a defroster that works
yea when i took out my A/C unit i replaced it with a non A/C heater box unit ,i just didnt cover it up with a blank plate just for that reason of windsheild steaming up.

pontiac gp said:
I have worked on thousands of customers cars,and replaced hundreds of valve cover gaskets,spark plugs, even replaced a sh*t load of engines.
I never once had to take a hammer and remove the HVAC to do any of it :roll: :rofl: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor