Worst modification you can make to a gbody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlola, glad to know I'm not the only one That puts my column shift to good use Haha.

dlo253 said:
Carlola, glad to know I'm not the only one That puts my column shift to good use Haha.
Yeah I can dig that...wife likes how she can lay down next to me on long trips due to my brougham set-up

Dragonist said:
dlo253 said:
Yeah I can dig that...wife likes how she can lay down next to me on long trips due to my brougham set-up

I must be a hell of a lot worse with the bench seat stories I have, front and back :lol:

Dragonist said:
dlo253 said:

There are always advantages to your wife or girlfriend being able to lay across the front seat with no shifter on the floor. :twisted: :rofl:

Over sized carbs. So many people throw a 650 DP on a mostly stock engine and think it's gonna improve performance.

Yellow Accel plug wires.

New shiny chrome valve covers and air cleaner on a greasy dirty engine.

HID (xenon) headlights. Yeah they help you see better, but they f*ckin' blind the rest of us.

Neon lights (anywhere)

And another thing I'm starting to dislike. Pypes exhaust. Yeah they have a neat sound, but there are so many cars with this type of system. It seem almost all muscle cars sound the same now. Sorry, I like my glasspacks lol.

dlo253 said:
Looks like some of you will hate my car, haha.
I got a SBC 350, came with it.. but either way I'm keepin it chevy, its all GM and I got Chevy motors for days! Lol.
also, it has a bunch of edelbrock crap, came with it tho so idc.
Also, jacked up in the back, due to big *ss rims that I took off (WTB STOCK SPRINGS)
column shift, which for some reason I've always liked em haha.
and I have an *ss load of speakers. But hey, I love my car so that's all That matters right?

Sorry for getting off topic, gonna have to agree about those gay *ss stick on vents. Umm. Tiny *ss wheels/tires, like 13s. Ridiculous interior. There's a bunch more but those are a couple big ones ha.
dlo253, I am not talking about how your car is....a little rake is good, IMO....
I was talking about using Gabriel HIJackers, etc, and almost having the front bumper hitting the ground, while there is 5 from the rear bumper to the ground......but even then if you like that, you earn your money, it is your car and do with it how ya want...... 😀

hey! I ditched all my emissions equip., deleted the a/c and heat, and ditched the carbon canister on my stock 260!! Plus it has a column shifter, and too many speakers.. there's a set of HID lights waiting to go on too..

But.. everything got ditched to make the engine bay cleaner (plus i've never used the a/c and heat in the 6yrs I've owned the car), and make the 260 look a little better until the 425 with the '67 442 Tri Power gets bolted in.. (the carbon canister left for an extra battery to help out with the stereo)... the column shifter stays.. I don't like floor shift automatics.... and the "too many speakers" (12 speakers and 2 subs) don't look bad, cheesy, etc.. tastefuly laid out, and they are all there for a reason.. and the HID lights (hella housings, PIAA bulbs, n' a set ballasts)... yeah.. they're just there for that burn your eyes out brightness.. and not 100% DOT approved..

but it won't ever get the big wheel treatment.. or the air shocks... or the fake 442 look... but I will set her down nice and low on a set of Cragar SS's, with some meat in the back.. and for exhuast hooker super comps, with glass packs and dump the exhaust before the rear tires... should have a nice bark. finish it with a glossy coat of white, burgandy interior with buckets... and a loud *ss stereo....

How about a sh*t ton of stickers on a stock street car. Like Edelbrock and Holley stickers on all the windows meanwhile theres not one part on your car made from them :roll: And like mentioned before neon lights and donks :roll: :puke: Oh and the generic hood pins with the cotter pin setup you find at Autozone that rust in one week! I have no problem with putting a chevy engine in an olds or vise versa. There both GM and if thats all you can afford then go for it.

Phoenyx said:
Yellow Accel plug wires.

I ended up with those after buying AC Delco wires that didn't fit, and I bought another set of AC Delco wires that still wouldn't fit, and got frustrated and bought those. They work but you're right I wish they weren't yellow.

I agree with the stickers too it seems kinda and theyre always bright (like edelbrock's red) and it doesn't match the paint at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor