Worth $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
ooo, a malibu sleeper. That's some goooood sh*t there. I stole some ideas from a guy I met who had one. The thing had a 305 chevy with all the right parts. Had a GN rear, aluminum drive shaft, 3000+stall speed, cant remember what transmission it was. The engine just had all the right stuff that worked together, the valvetrain, heads, everything; not sure if he added a stroker kit to it, but who knows. The thing was a beast and whipped TWO 5.0 mustangs from stoplight runs - one of which RAN ON NITROUS!!! By far the best sleeper I've ever seen. Good choice.

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
i got the th350, plannin on puttin in a shift kit and a high stall. for temporary im puttin the 305 out of my camaro that used to run 12s. im not expechting to run anywhere close to that with it in the 'bu. but we'll see. it doesnt look as granny anymore becaause i needed wider wheels , so its got z-28 wheels on er now. actually looks pretty sweet.

78mali350

Royal Smart Person
May 13, 2007
Pratt, KS
i think it is a good car for the money. once again not the standard two door as someone else said. it is a different side of things with the four doors. but i still think they are very respectable

229MonteHO

Apprentice
Jul 4, 2008
Liverpool, NY
Definitely worth the $200, even if you gotta do a bit of sheetmetal work! :D What kind of engine was it originally?

Aaron

antysmithers

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 24, 2008
Tarentum, PA
when i got it someone had already put a 350 crate engine in it, but the guy i bought it off wanted it for his s-10. It was originally equipped with a 4.4 liter or something liket that, i was able to trade him a 700r4 for the th350 that was in it because i didnt want to change the crossmember, mainly because it was cut out for duals already and i dont think they ever put a 700r4 in the old malibus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor