Would like some opinions on racing slicks, and E85 fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybird87SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
Michigan
Thanks Mickey-d! I think I just needed one more person to say "Why the Hell not?" I've been itching to make a bit more motor but still be able to drive it without towing a camel full of race fuel... I've used E-85 before, but was unfamiliar with the "octane" properties. The web sites listed in the thread were really helpful. I'm after performance without the price tag of driving 40 miles to get race fuel just to drive it home and park it. The comparitively small fuel milage loss is tolerable for me. This isn't about green, its for saving pistons with vortecs.
And yeah, this is one of those get the body done to drive it, which made me want to take the frame being off the car for some bracing, which led me to upgrade the rear end (good thing because it was shot!), which led to more suspension work, which led to... you get the drift. At this rate it'll be a 10 second car before it ever gets on the road. Anyway I figured now would be a good time to run the 1/2" line to the front end.
Thanks again, hopefully I'll post all these miscilaneous pictures into one thread... eventually.

mickey-d

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
Good luck with the build. I think you are going about it the right way. Take your time, and think things out. If you aren't on a specific time frame, don't rush. If I can be of any help with info or ideas, Pm me, or e-mail me. ...... :lol: ..mickey-d

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor