Would you buy one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
jrm81bu said:
I'm willing to bet the new festive weighs closeto 3000lbs. That's one of the reasons they can only brag about it getting 40mpg, while the older ones were getting better than that 20 years ago. Also look at my 91 Civic I just scrapped, it didn't even weigh a ton, the new ones have 1000lbs of safety bs on them.
As far as the true safety of the new lil cars, I wouldn't want to be in one in a wreck either. But the added weight is coming from them trying to make them safe.

If it were up to me I'd get rid of all that crap. I'd get rid of ABS brakes, back-up alarms, cars that parallel park themselves, etc. The quest to make cars idiot proof for bad drivers is interfering with natural selection. Just think of all of the dumb-asses that wouldn't be on the road today! :lol:

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
G-Body_Vet said:
jrm81bu said:
I'm willing to bet the new festive weighs closeto 3000lbs. That's one of the reasons they can only brag about it getting 40mpg, while the older ones were getting better than that 20 years ago. Also look at my 91 Civic I just scrapped, it didn't even weigh a ton, the new ones have 1000lbs of safety bs on them.
As far as the true safety of the new lil cars, I wouldn't want to be in one in a wreck either. But the added weight is coming from them trying to make them safe.

If it were up to me I'd get rid of all that crap. I'd get rid of ABS brakes, back-up alarms, cars that parallel park themselves, etc. The quest to make cars idiot proof for bad drivers is interfering with natural selection. Just think of all of the dumb-asses that wouldn't be on the road today! :lol:

Agreed, except a good working ABS is hard to beat. The main problem is all those dumbasses might take out some of the good drivers with them, lol.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
M.Bailey said:
I like the buick lookin nose on that monte
I think the whole thing is pretty damn ugly! Im sure if they actually built one it would be cool but the pic makes it look like a toy or something.

MD13ailey

Master Mechanic
Aug 26, 2009
Columbia city, Oregob
agreed. has anyne noticed how fat and heavy looking. the "new muscle cars" appear even the concpets and rendorings like the monte. i dont remember a camaro or a monte looking that bulky or the charger or challenger for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor