WTF! Say it aint Sooooooo GM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuttyKid442

Apprentice
Jan 4, 2008
Washington,DC
Aight guys, this has been bothering me for the last to weeks. I do know if any or all of you guys know but GM are in talks with China for china to buy into GM. I not trying to be an *ss or anything but if GM go through with this, I'm not buying any more new gm automobiles. I will keep my 442 but sell my 2009 malibu! This is just not right if this happen. We are a becoming a nation that no longer produce good quality products. Heck I guess when you really think, China kind of already own america because of all the money we owe them. WTF! What are you guys throughts about this?

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Sorry to say but, better get used to it. An american car is hardly an american car anymore, most of the parts for them are made elsewhere and shipped here for assembly, that's been going on for a long time...

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
United States of China :blam:

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
Re: WTF! Say it aint Soooo GM!

Cudi Kid 442 said:
Haight guys, this has been bothering me for the last to weeks. I do know if any or all of you guys know but GM are in talks with China for china to buy into GM. I not trying to be an *ss or anything but if GM go through with this, I'm not buying any more new gm automobiles. I will keep my 442 but sell my 2009 malibu! This is just not right if this happen. We are a becoming a nation that no longer produce good quality products. Heck I guess when you really think, China kind of already own america because of all the money we owe them. WTF! What are you guys thoughts about this?
Gm was in negotiations with China to buy out Hummer, not the whole company.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
Why on Earth would you sell your '09 Malibu?
Your car built last year has nothing to do with any potential deal in the future.
It's closed-mindedness like this that is hurting American manufacturers... :roll:

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I wouldn't buy any GM except the new Camaro, Pontiac G8, or a GTO, made since about 1994 anyways so I guess this doesn't effect me. :lol: Recent GM reliability, quality, and design is crappy... I've owned several of them 2000-2005 and hated every one all had the same problems and was glad when I got rid of them. They all had serious electrical glitches, and faulty ABS systems... And sometimes would just shut off or not start for no reason. My truck, and my moms S10 Blazer the 4x4 only worked when it felt like it. And for some reason GM must think it's funny when you open your car door when it's raining that water dumps right onto your lap.

Fords are way nicer comparing apples to apples... F-Series to K/C series, Cobalt to Focus, Taurus/Fusion to malibu and impala, etc. Only two things GM has over Ford nowadays is the Camaro's styling is way cooler than the current Mustang. And the Corvette which Ford doesn't even have something to put up against it. And since Camaro's and Corvette's don't make up the majority of sales which keeps a company afloat... That's the reason that Ford was the only one of the big three that didn't need a bail out. They're better... Head and shoulders above GM.

Old GM's are a different story... You can tell the build quality of most old GM's is better than the build quality of most old Fords in many ways. Just the attention to detail on body construction especially, and the styling was better too.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I won't buy anything newer than the 80s anyway. In my opinion the 'big 3' hasn't made real cars since then.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I agree... V8, RWD, full frame mid size coupe or sedan (or wagon if that's your thing). That's a real car... Not this 4 cylinder, thin gauge Chinese steel and plastic unibody "crumple zone" throw away cars they make nowadays. I really don't think the "crumple zone" is much of an engineering feature I think it's mainly a bi product of the crappy way modern cars are made... That just happens to be attributed with saving a few lives.

I had to be in a major wreck, I think I'd rather be in a modern car... but minor sh*t that would barely dent an old car can easily total a new car. :lol:

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
GM is CRAP now. You can go buy a freaking 4 year old Malibu or Impala for almost nothing because of their reliability. My Dad owns a tote-the-note lot, and he will not sell GM cars. They won't run long enough to get paid off, so he makes nothing but an unhappy customer.

I am an Engineer for a tier-one supplier of Nissan, Honda, and Subaru. I am not here to brag on their reliability, but I will tell you they are as American as anything else. All high-volume j* cars are built here in America. ALL OF THEM!!!! And due to shipping costs, all the suppliers are here in America as well. The designers of these j* cars are Americans!!! All the j* companies have there design centers in Detroit. That's right folks, Detroit!!! The difference? Everything is about quality.

We supply on a tier-two level to Ford and Chrysler, and the crap the will accept from their suppliers is crazy!!! Example: We supply frame components to Nissan. The dimensional tolerance on a frame is +/-0.5mm from front to back. GM's tolerance on frame components? +/-5.0mm's, ten times what Nissan allows!!!! Now that frame isn't causing a shortened life on your car, but that mentality throughout an entire auto manufacturer is.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
j* cars are crap to. Toyota recall... Case and point. Honda's leak, Toyota's don't stop and they smell bad, Nissan... Well who wants a Datsun? I had a Datsun not a single thing worked on it. And Suzuki... C'mon they're fine for my MX bike but they might as well as call it "the suicide vehicle company". If you don't die riding one of their bikes, you certainly will driving one of their crappy cars. And Korean cars... :puke: That's Kim Jong Ill's real plan to attack America, forget the nukes. Just kill us all with poor engineering and safety standards.

I'd buy a new Ford over any other brand on the market today... Except BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor