WTF transmission not shifting!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
open headers can be loud so keep your neighbors happy. Can you thro the mufflers on so you can run it?

censley

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2012
I'd have to get it towed to my muffler guy to finish the exhaust. I'd like to get it drivable first. The neighbor is a jerk without my open headers.... Knowing I'm been working my butt off this past month changing the whole drive train.

I need to run it long enough to get the oil hot and check the fluid. I feel like I could still be low and this is why it's not moving????

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, it could be low, where is it on the dipstick? I would try another liter(quart) of ATF. Sometimes it needs to sit a bit, wipe off the dipstick and check again.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Sounds like all suggested that it's low on fluid...Just hope you didn't burn anything up when you ran it so low... 8)

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
Make sure to shift it through the gears, back and fourth slowly from 1st to reverse to get that fluid flowing. To me it sounds like either you're low on oil, or your clutches are non-existant. Did you put a deep pan on it?

censley

Apprentice
Jun 30, 2012
Its the one that came with it, how would I be able to tell? .... its definately not as small as the 200 metric I threw away

Car moves in drive... no reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor