WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It has not happened again but if I have to make a guess my ignition key cylinder has some play so it could be the ignition switch didn't fully return to run and caused that hiccup. If the amp shut down the head unit would still be on. Like I said, I did have an issue a few times with the face plate not making contact but I cleaned the contacts a few weeks ago and that seemed to resolve that issue. This time removing the face pate and putting back on didn't help. The radio is an old alpine 9835 but I'll never get rid of it and I do have a backup 9835 that is in my jeep.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I'm thinking the bulkhead connector could be loose or corroded. The radio would act up if constant power was disrupted. The brake light will come on if the shuttle switch in the proportioning valve moves not just the E-brake switch.

rccktmn2

Greasemonkey
Mar 11, 2008
Paulding Ohio
I had this problem in a firebird I used to have, car would shut off when accelerating and then turn back on by its self. Turned out to be a bad ground not letting the current flow back to the battery, put new groundstraps on from the eng to the fire wall to the frame, etc and it fixed the problem.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The bulkhead connector is clean and tight. For grounds I have my battery in the trunk with a 4 gauge wire grounding the body in the trunk and another going to the frame. In the engine compartment I have a 4 gauge wire from the frame to the engine and another 4 gauge wire from the frame to the body. I just think it was an anomaly which may never happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor