Young Guns Show your Cars ( Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81_2dr_bu

Greasemonkey
Sep 9, 2008
mass
well i am not a young gun 37 to be exact but when i jump in my car i feel as young as any young gun counts for something ... as far as ricers i wouldnt mind having a ricer i think i would want a ealier nissan 300zx but one thing i can say you cant replace the feel and sound of a muscle car as we all know the rummbling of exhaust and i love the smell of exhaust not in large doses lol this is my first muscle car i have had other cutlass,2.8 camaro's
79bu025.jpg

outsider_27

G-Body Guru
Mar 23, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
[quote="custom442]
I've seen just as many american car 'ricers' than japanese cars. It's just the person not the car, and in my opinion it's even more annoying when people have an old stock camaro, or sebring, or cobalt etc who play like their cars are faster than 10 sec 0-60. Then go spending a grand on stickers, wheels, seat covers, and LEDs.[/quote]

Me too, but you forgot the NEONS!!

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
just watch out for srt-4 neons, I know there are a few that are sub 11 second cars that drive around my town daily.

87GrandPrix

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2009
Michigan
I am 16, Heres the ride I bought for $500 Dollars.

1987 Pontiac Grand Prix, 305 V8 4 BBL Carb. I'm not sure what the hell the rear end is, Its posi though.

My car has new KYB Shocks on the rear that I didn't know about until I got under one day to cut off my old stock muffler before I replaced it. So that's a blessing.

The only substantial problems with my car is the rear left frame rail is quite rusted, which will be replaced soon with all new.

Oh and heres all the money I put into it,

-New Battery ---------------------$75
-New Tires ------------------------$410
-New Muffler/Tail Pipe/Tip -------$180
-New Stereo ----------------------$230
-New (FL) Brake Line/Adjusting -$120
-New Front Calipers/Pads -------$50
-Manifold Work/More Piping -----$280
-New Front Shocks ---------------$120

Anyway Heres The Pictures

mg1617.jpg

mg1601.jpg

mg1595.jpg

piktue6.jpg

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
87GrandPrix said:
I am 16, Heres the ride I bought for $500 Dollars.

nice car for 500 bucks! I paid 450 for my cutlass with no motor or transmission, and the body is in a lot worse shape than that, but anyways, awesome car! I didnt realize you were 16 as well ( I turn 17 in a month though!)

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
adumb said:
no sho??

[/img]

I didnt include the sho because for one, I didnt realize how powerful they were until two weeks ago lol, and they dont make them anymore! lol

redneckracer305

Greasemonkey
Jun 28, 2005
new milford,ct
i just turned 21 and have owned 4 drivable g bodies already, 2 of which i still have and one my brother currently owns, started with a 85 el camino ( my brother has that now), next one i bought was a basket case 84 cutlass (big dreams, not enough time or money and it was downhill slope from purchase, went to the crusher), and currently i have an 87 monte carlo ls in the best shape out of any of em so far, and i also got my girlfriend an 84 grand prix with a 326 out of a lemans. currently doing a bunch of work to the monte, 700r4 swap, pypes exhaust, edelbrock q jet, non comp distributor, elminating alll computor stuff while still making it seem factory, among, other little things. the gp is awaiting a frame swap, and some body work, it was an impulse buy, and i payed way to much for it. if i knew how to post pictures id post pics of all of em. first car was a g body and hopefully my last car ever will be one.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i dunno if im considered a young gun being 28, but heres my rides:
1978 el camino, 71' 307 sbc, th350 trans, rockford posi 4.11 gear, gonna tear it apart monday
l_8ebbdbe3cafdd5d8f73ce5055c74fe54.jpg

1994 saturn sl1, tbi, 85hp, no muffler, 15" x 8" rims, sl2 front bumper, 1200w amp and twin voice coil 12" sub. strobes and stickers.
23315120026_medium.jpg

23315120042_medium.jpg

adumb

Master Mechanic
Jun 10, 2007
Western, NY
2000.malibu.ls said:
adumb said:
no sho??

[/img]

I didnt include the sho because for one, I didnt realize how powerful they were until two weeks ago lol, and they dont make them anymore! lol

i'll never sell my sho. and if i do, it'll be to buy another. the 5 speeds like mine are a competitive speed for almost 20 years old and they are reliable.

check youtube for some turbo sho vids. 400 fwhp is fun. :twisted:

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
adumb said:
i'll never sell my sho. and if i do, it'll be to buy another. the 5 speeds like mine are a competitive speed for almost 20 years old and they are reliable.

check youtube for some turbo sho vids. 400 fwhp is fun. :twisted:

I saw one of the later model v8's and it shocked the heck out of me. I didnt know they came with a v8, but ive heard a lot of good things about the yamaha motor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor