Status
Not open for further replies.

adv1288

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2010

adv1288

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 6, 2010
Oh and I forgot to mention for some of those guy's out there who may think I had someone do the work for me because I'm a girl....I removed the engine/trans and diff, installed the 400sbc and th400 and the 8.5", removed the th400 to re-install the 200r4 with the help of ONE friend. Between removing the old drivetrain and re-installing the new drivetrain, I detailed the underside of the car myself. It's so clean you could eat a steak dinner off of it. I just love the look men get when they ask me about my car expecting that I'll know nothing about it and then I rattle off for 20 minutes what I've done to it. The look is utterly priceless! I had one guy ask me to marry him on the spot. I guess us girls are few and far between? :)

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
youngdeezy said:
well im 31 and i dont think im old but im past the young gun stage.

Youngdeezy your not that old :D I'm 29 and have owned a Gbody of some sort since i got my license i have had a : 78, 79, 80 Monte carlo's, a 81 Buick Regal, a 79, 81, 85 Grand prix;s. The GP's being my favorite:
My 85 GP LE
c740ac9a.jpg

MY 81 GP LJ
49386044.jpg

And my Import Killer :lol:
1a6c7d12.jpg

Btw i have owned at least 2 Jeep Cherokee;s a 85 & 89, 1 2000 JeepGand Cherokee " with the 4.7V8" 2 Astro vans " a 87&96" 1 2000 Chevy s-10 with a 4cyl., 2 Cadillac s A 82 Fleetwood and a 2000 Seville SLS "my daily driver" A 90's diesel Chevy diesel. a 87 ranger etc etc BTW in my eyes I'm still a spring chicken at heart always will be

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
BTW i just dropped my 85 GP with some F body coils and i will be replacing them with some G-body Hotchkis coils soon. After i get some rims.....

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Oh and I forgot to mention for some of those guy's out there who may think I had someone do the work for me because I'm a girl....I removed the engine/trans and diff, installed the 400sbc and th400 and the 8.5", removed the th400 to re-install the 200r4 with the help of ONE friend. Between removing the old drivetrain and re-installing the new drivetrain, I detailed the underside of the car myself. It's so clean you could eat a steak dinner off of it. I just love the look men get when they ask me about my car expecting that I'll know nothing about it and then I rattle off for 20 minutes what I've done to it. The look is utterly priceless! I had one guy ask me to marry him on the spot. I guess us girls are few and far between?

lol Yeah It would be nice to find a gf that actually knew something about cars. I had to teach mine how to pop the hood on her ford focus. I remember when we first started dating I asked her what a lug nut was and she just shrugged her shoulders. Then when she got a flat I asked her why she doesn't change it hersel.....her response is "That's what I have AAA insurance for, not everyone is a mechanic" :x :roll:

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
patmckinneyracing said:
Oh and I forgot to mention for some of those guy's out there who may think I had someone do the work for me because I'm a girl....I removed the engine/trans and diff, installed the 400sbc and th400 and the 8.5", removed the th400 to re-install the 200r4 with the help of ONE friend. Between removing the old drivetrain and re-installing the new drivetrain, I detailed the underside of the car myself. It's so clean you could eat a steak dinner off of it. I just love the look men get when they ask me about my car expecting that I'll know nothing about it and then I rattle off for 20 minutes what I've done to it. The look is utterly priceless! I had one guy ask me to marry him on the spot. I guess us girls are few and far between?

lol Yeah It would be nice to find a gf that actually knew something about cars. I had to teach mine how to pop the hood on her ford focus. I remember when we first started dating I asked her what a lug nut was and she just shrugged her shoulders. Then when she got a flat I asked her why she doesn't change it hersel.....her response is "That's what I have AAA insurance for, not everyone is a mechanic" :x :roll:

But there are girls who are willing to "UNDERSTAND" our " hobby" or at least pretend to be interested in what we do.MY GF which i will Make my wife one day at least under stand's my need's and hobby's......

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
Those types are hard to find, I found mine at Sears Hardware :rofl: , she even goes to junkyards with me sometimes to help find and pull parts :D (Yes I am refering to my gf :lol: ).

Jared Richey

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2009
Belton, South Carolina
I'm 19 and have plenty of American cars in my yard. I do not like Imports, Never have owned an Import, and will not own one. People can like them if they want to, I don't see what makes them so great and will never see it and no one will ever convince me otherwise, For Gas Savers I have a Chevy Lumina. The Monte below is where my $$$ and time has been devoted since I was 15. :mrgreen:

This is the 1972 Monte Carlo, its cloned to the rare 71 SS 454. It has a 462 ci Big Block with Aluminum Heads and Intake, Pro-Systems 950 double pumper racing carb, Hooker Comp Headers, 350 Turbo Trans, 12 Bolt Rear with 33 spline strange axles, Richmond Gears, Adjustable upper rear control arms, tubular lower, Coilovers, Drag Shocks and springs in the front. Line Lock, Manual Brakes, drilled and slotted rotors on the front, battery shutoff in rear. I think that covers the high points....
Its painted Blaze Red Crystal Pearl Metallic, with all new chrome and factory style interior with a 6 Point Roll Bar.
And its FAST. Last year before all the suspension work I turned 7.41@92 MPH in the 1/8 mile, this a Street car, I drive it to and from the track. I only have around 25 passes on the car, I'm still getting used to driving it.

I've been working on this car almost 4 years and it will always be a work in progress.

The 1986 SS was my first car at age 12, the 70 was my first First Gen Monte from grandpa, and the 92 Lumina is a daily driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor