Your car *WILL* get stolen!

buickestate said:
There is a full spectrum Gbodies and Gbody owners on this forum. Some here own $500 rust buckets that use more oil than gas as a daily driver. Some here have full out dragg cars. Some here have some nice clean daily drivers. Some have some nice clean low mile show room condition cruise night cars. Some have full out customs.

We are all here for various reason. That's what makes furums like these great. We all have cool ideas to share, neat mods.
The main reasons some come is to find ways to improve their cars. To find like minded people to share thoughts and Ideas with. We are all working within our own budgets and realities. forums are a level field. Its a place were some can unload some old parts, and other can find needed parts.

This thread is about what we can do reduce the chances of our cars being the target of theft, and how each of us deals with that. I can see where a young member of the forum with an old tired G body that they like/love can be left in disbelief by the fact that a fellow forum member can drop a custom crate engine that worth more than a year's wages to some people into their cars. Some of the cars on this forum have paint and body work that is worth in the thousands and others have $30 rattle can sepcial. We are on the same forum and all of our advice and ideas are on the same level. We are not all playing in the same league, but that's what makes these forums special. We can't possibly all agree with each other, and if we did we would all have the same g body and all be looking for the same part.

People be a bit more open minded and tolerant.

Very well put indeed!

83hurst-olds said:
Oldsmoletick said:
Blake442 said:
The thiefs had run the VIN and ordered new keys for the car through a dealer, and simply hopped in and drove away.

Luckily stuff like that for G-bodies isn't on record like it is with newer cars.

If the dealers actually did their job correctly that would not happen :blam: . People think I'm a dick when I ask them for their drivers license and proof of ownership of the vehicle before cutting keys for them, but oh well, I'd rather be a ******* for checking than be at fault for a car theft.

Well then, thank you for being a dick. 8) Seriously, glad to see people proud to do thier jobs properly. Bravo. :wink:

:lol: I can't count how many people I've pissed off with this, but, oh well, I sleep very well at night, lol, some people understand it's for their own good though (not to mention keeps me out of trouble, haha).

veltboy314 said:
Have you guys ever thought about one of those gps dog trackers?
Not sure what your refering to, But if your talking about the "Micro chips" they put in dogs skin then it wouldnt work. For it to work, One would have to Find the stolen car, Have it scanned by a vet, Then return it to its rightful owner.

If theres another kind out, Im sorry, Im not familiar,.

Having your vehicle stolen isn't much of a problem around here. I think the most common things stolen are like, mid 90s bubble cars.

Occasionally older cars are stolen but it's not heard very often, rarely is a car stolen out of like, someones drive way or a parking lot. I know of a situation, not sure of the car make or model. But i do know it was from the 70's, buddy spent 6 years restoring this car and a few months after he finished it him and a couple other cars went on a road trip. They stopped at some random unheard of motel in the middle of no where and he said they woke up around 2am to the sound of a burn out and exhaust rumble, when they ran outside they caught the tail lights of the car tearing down the road. Cops never found the car or the theft.

But a good example of how slack it is, a friend of mine lives in a good area but works in the worst part of town, new pry marks on his shops door every week. He has a rusty S10 and a very nice, but a little rough around the edges, '79 Z28. Can't even lock the doors because the guy he bought it off of failed to connect the locking mechanisms and he can't unlock it with the key, he was paying attention more to the getting it road worthy than the little details. But he drives that car to work in the summer and leaves it in the yard unlocked, leaves it in the driveway unlocked all summer, and he stores it in a garage just up the street from where he works. No problems, not even any attempts. Crime rate is high here but it's little things like someone holds up a convenience store with a pellet gun or someone broke a window in the mcdonalds.

AdamL said:
Having your vehicle stolen isn't much of a problem around here. I think the most common things stolen are like, mid 90s bubble cars.

Occasionally older cars are stolen but it's not heard very often, rarely is a car stolen out of like, someones drive way or a parking lot. I know of a situation, not sure of the car make or model. But i do know it was from the 70's, buddy spent 6 years restoring this car and a few months after he finished it him and a couple other cars went on a road trip. They stopped at some random unheard of motel in the middle of no where and he said they woke up around 2am to the sound of a burn out and exhaust rumble, when they ran outside they caught the tail lights of the car tearing down the road. Cops never found the car or the theft.

But a good example of how slack it is, a friend of mine lives in a good area but works in the worst part of town, new pry marks on his shops door every week. He has a rusty S10 and a very nice, but a little rough around the edges, '79 Z28. Can't even lock the doors because the guy he bought it off of failed to connect the locking mechanisms and he can't unlock it with the key, he was paying attention more to the getting it road worthy than the little details. But he drives that car to work in the summer and leaves it in the yard unlocked, leaves it in the driveway unlocked all summer, and he stores it in a garage just up the street from where he works. No problems, not even any attempts. Crime rate is high here but it's little things like someone holds up a convenience store with a pellet gun or someone broke a window in the mcdonalds.
Where are you located bro?

St John has some nice cars there...it seems most of the eastern provinces have nice cars and there are quite a few of the 60 muscle cars roaming the streets. I don't think anywhere in NB they ever used salt on the roads and you guys have the RCMP there and you don't screw around with them. Your right about that area being more sociable to others than other places in this world

We have road salt... trust me lol. My yellow car is currently white from the top of the fender wells down. Ya, not a whole lot of people get away with things. Mainly because so many people know each other they post everywhere that they're looking for who did some crime and offer some major reward, usually someone bails them out. Nova Scotia has a lot more nice cars than here, there are quite a few beautiful cars roaming around on the nice days but there's A LOT of redneck machines cruising. Like G-bodies with 2" lift kits in the back with like, 295s on them, sticking like, 3" out the fender

AdamL said:
We have road salt... trust me lol. My yellow car is currently white from the top of the fender wells down. Ya, not a whole lot of people get away with things. Mainly because so many people know each other they post everywhere that they're looking for who did some crime and offer some major reward, usually someone bails them out. Nova Scotia has a lot more nice cars than here, there are quite a few beautiful cars roaming around on the nice days but there's A LOT of redneck machines cruising. Like G-bodies with 2" lift kits in the back with like, 295s on them, sticking like, 3" out the fender
Lol I never heard them get called "redneck machines" before, is that what they call those? Hey I have 295s on the back too. I should bump up the air-ride at the back and take a picture to see what it looks like lol.

Whats up guys, this is what I do...I take my 1980 Chevy El Camino out on Friday's to Sunday..its a weekend car...and then Monday morning i take off the two front rims and sit it on jack stands untill Friday then I put them back on Friday morning and Im rolling...Car is in my drive way all the time and only like 15 steps away from my front door. its always have a car cover and there is also my durango and mustang parked right behind it every night...But I still have to be on my Toes, ready with that 45 Smith & Weston hollow tips 10 shots two magazine all the time....lol.. becuase u never know what kinda thiefs are out there..

But so far the jack stands have worked for me. and a brake lock too..kill switch on ac vent, when I move ac vent up its off, when i move ac vent down it triggers the kill switch, its very hard for them to find it...know one would ever think of a kill switch or even look for one in the ac vent...try that out guys...

I guess it's to much work for them to put some wack dummy rims on it, pop the ignition, take off the brake lock, find the kill switch or even tow it while its on jack stands...

hope this works for someone out there....i hope I dont get jacked know that Im talking about it...lol...IM SCARED!!!! lmao..

Attachments

• ELCO2.jpg
    ELCO2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,106
  • elko53.jpg
    elko53.jpg
    691.3 KB · Views: 1,106

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor