Your car *WILL* get stolen!

454muscle said:
Lol I never heard them get called "redneck machines" before, is that what they call those? Hey I have 295s on the back too. I should bump up the air-ride at the back and take a picture to see what it looks like lol.

lol, well are they sticking 3" - 4" out the side of the car though? And is it raked to the point where you're staring more so at the pavement right in front of the car then where you should be looking?

And air ride? Nah, i don't think this redneck thing is gonna work for you. From what i've seen the g-bodies don't have a whole lot of fender for wide tires, at least if you want to keep them under the car. Not just g-bodies though, the 80s f-bodies are a very popular choice, and the fox body mustangs.

There are some beautiful g-bodies around here but they don't seem to be a popular choice locally, i know of multiple monte carlos but as the other g-bodies go, they're pretty scarce for being tastefully done, or at least what i consider tastefully done lol. From what i can see in your picture mabobber there, i think you car looks pretty sick (in the good way)

If you want my g body you better bring a cigarette lighter cause mine is set up to only start when the cigarette lighter is pushed in. When i leave my car somewhere i take the lighter and put it in my pocket problem solved.

smoknum said:
If you want my g body you better bring a cigarette lighter cause mine is set up to only start when the cigarette lighter is pushed in. When i leave my car somewhere i take the lighter and put it in my pocket problem solved.
what did you have to do, to do this?

There's tons of ways you could do this. Basically the idea is very simple. Find a wire that helps the vehicle start, and put something in to block that flow of energy unless you do someting. This could be with a switch, button, blinker, etc. Just use your imagintation and find a place that a thief wouldn't think to look. :rofl:

Basically you can wire a relay to be triggered off the cigarette lighter.

Use something like this, with the tip and side terminals shorted:
images

However you wire it (either as the ground portion or +12v portion), it needs to lead to one side of the relay trigger, and the other side of the relay trigger to ground (i.e. one side of trigger to +12v, the other side to one terminal of the lighter socket, and the other terminal of the socket to ground). This will trigger the relay and will complete the circuit for however you want to kill the ignition... you can use it to cut power to either the starter circuit, or coil. If you kill the starter circuit, it will make things more difficult, because if you kill power to the coil they can simply bypass it under the hood. The starter is more difficult to reach, but it's still possible to short the battery and solenoid terminals and make the engine turn over (this is a time when headers are helpful).

Something else you can do (I think I already mentioned it in this thread) is wire up a latching relay circuit, it can be done with a common SPDT relay. What it does is it stays on with a +12v trigger, and stays on until power is interrupted, then it will not turn back on until the 12v trigger is hit again. This way you can use any of your factory temporary switches to trigger it, and it can be wired to either a)kill power after ignition is turned back off, b)kill power with an 'emergency' switch (for example if you were being 'jacked and wanted to make the car impossible to start, or just wanted to control when it actually lost power), or both.

Here's another good theft prevention tip: Don't tell people what you've done to protect your car!!!
You, and only you should know where your hidden kill switches are.

I love that people are sharing this information to help each other out, but I don't post in these threads for a reason...

Pontiacgp - Nope, they also use it in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Newfoundland and Labrador.

JUST PUT YOUR CAR ON JACK STAND!!!!!!! G BODIES SHOULD ONLY BE TAKING OUT IN THE WEEKENDS TO ENJOY A NICE WEEKEND RIDE!!!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
JUST PUT YOUR CAR ON JACK STAND!!!!!!! G BODIES SHOULD ONLY BE TAKING OUT IN THE WEEKENDS TO ENJOY A NICE WEEKEND RIDE!!!

well I build my car to be driven and not just for show....I enjoy driving it everyday that I can and I don't panic over the thought of stone chips or a dent from a door in a parking lot...up here we have a winter where it gives me time to the car back in shape along with a few improvements...and please stop yelling

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor