Your car *WILL* get stolen!

andrewmp6 said:
I did find out it takes the state police 47 mins to show up here that night.

Lots of time to place knives/bats/crowbars in dead offender's hands eh? The first mention of shots fired will cut that time by a third easily.

Put a bag of a hundred grams of cocaine and a few handguns in the floor. Not many people would steal it, but then you'd have to worry about cops...

Or keep it in a garage.

Admittedly, I only read about a third of this thread, but all good points. I think I will simply get a pet skunk or snake, and let it guard the car.... Regals seem to be the most commonly stolen G-body.

But seriously. My simplest solution would be a kill switch, simplified by interrupting power to the park/neutral safety switch. Starter will never engage because the car always thinks the transmission is in gear. Easily hidden between seat and console, or perhaps in the ashtray/glovebox. Or if you really want to make it difficult.... put it in the TRUNK 🙂

As an alternative, are electrically controlled valves available that could be used to shut off fuel to the engine? I know you can put a kill switch on the fuel pump relay for EFI engines, but for us old geezers with carburetors, might there not be a way to electronically controlling whether the carb gets fuel?

Regal_Nut_84 said:
As an alternative, are electrically controlled valves available that could be used to shut off fuel to the engine? I know you can put a kill switch on the fuel pump relay for EFI engines, but for us old geezers with carburetors, might there not be a way to electronically controlling whether the carb gets fuel?
Great idea, I'll add it to my first thread, and good question^^^ . I suppose if you really wanted to, you could remove your mech. fuel pump and put a block-off plate there, then mount an electric fuel pump + regulator -- then run the switch to it. I don't think there is another way.
:friday:

If they want it, they most definitely WILL take your G body. My dad lost his Cutlass ('78 I believe) to some POS thief. Found it a while later in a Compton junkyard on blocks. The whole interior was gutted and the engine was gone. :\ Would have loved to be driving that car today...

powerhungry oxymoron said:
My anti-theft device is even simpler. My lock cylinders are all broken so you have to use the power locks i installed to unlock the car. The car came with a steel plate in the door attached to the cylinders so you cant stick anything in the door. If they just break the window to get in they still cant steal the car because I have a custom wired electric fuel pump on a hidden switch above the steering colum under the dash and a kill switch I directly wired in the ignition wire behind my glovebox. If you cant find the switch you cant start the car 😀 . Simple solution to a towtruck is to always turn your front wheels and set your parking brake. Then they cant take it on a lift (flatbed or otherwise) without dragging the rearend which makes enough noise to alert everyone for four blocks.

This is all fine and dandy, until someone stumples upon this site, realizes who you are and who your car is, and reads this post. which tells them everything they need. This is all great information, but be careful posting stuff like this people. ya never know whos really reading it.

Have you ever had your car stolen or almost stolen? I"ve had both.
People stealing g-body's aren't the same as people stealing Ferrari's. (In my experience anyway). They don't put a lot of research into a 10,000 dollarish car. You ether get it or not in 60 SECONDS.

dlo253 said:
powerhungry oxymoron said:
My anti-theft device is even simpler. My lock cylinders are all broken so you have to use the power locks i installed to unlock the car. The car came with a steel plate in the door attached to the cylinders so you cant stick anything in the door. If they just break the window to get in they still cant steal the car because I have a custom wired electric fuel pump on a hidden switch above the steering colum under the dash and a kill switch I directly wired in the ignition wire behind my glovebox. If you cant find the switch you cant start the car 😀 . Simple solution to a towtruck is to always turn your front wheels and set your parking brake. Then they cant take it on a lift (flatbed or otherwise) without dragging the rearend which makes enough noise to alert everyone for four blocks.

This is all fine and dandy, until someone stumples upon this site, realizes who you are and who your car is, and reads this post. which tells them everything they need. This is all great information, but be careful posting stuff like this people. ya never know whos really reading it.
:rofl: i was thinking the same thing!

deathproof said:
Have you ever had your car stolen or almost stolen? I"ve had both.
People stealing g-body's aren't the same as people stealing Ferrari's. (In my experience anyway). They don't put a lot of research into a 10,000 dollarish car. You ether get it or not in 60 SECONDS.
whoever stole my car knew what they were doing. they went through some work to steal it too.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor