Your cars birth certificate-the build sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Here is a scan of my surviving build sheet I have been able to hold on to for over 20 years. It can give a good detailed insight of my car when it left the Leeds plant. It shows better detail than what the later SPID tags do.
1981 build sheet A.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
My car has never been apart far enough to locate one. Maybe someday.

sportriderOK

Greasemonkey
Mar 3, 2016
Mannford, OK
Mine was under my headliner, perfectly preserved. I've used it several times when buying parts. I owe the assembly guy who stashed there a beer.

Reactions: 3 users

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Here is a scan of my surviving build sheet I have been able to hold on to for over 20 years. It can give a good detailed insight of my car when it left the Leeds plant. It shows better detail than what the later SPID tags do.
View attachment 72837
Where did you find yours? Mine was built at the Leeds plant also so I'm quite sure they were put in the same place.

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I found broadcast sheets under my passenger seat, under the rear seat, between the radiator support. My headliner needs to be replaced someday and I am curious if a full buildsheet is there? Heard some found them under their carpet in early to mid 80’s G bodies. It would be neat to have it but with the trunk sticker, and I have a copy of my window sticker, I do not really need it. But I like treasure hunting for paperwork that could be hiding in the car somewhere!

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I found 2 in my 78 Cutlass so far 1 was taped to the roof skin when my neighbor and I did the headliner and the other was behind the passenger side rear armrest area. Over the years I've found many over gas tanks under seats in the springs and behind door panels. I think they were just stuffed anywhere when the cars came down the line

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor