Your New Years Resolution/G- Body Goal for 2022 is.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I'd like to get one of the derelicts that have not moved since pre-millenium going again out of the warehouse.

Hard part is most were bought cheap, for cash from dealers that don't exist. I know I have, but unsure where in the piles, the titles. And because of the states I bought in, no duplicate title can be issued without a countersign from the original respective dealership.

In short, no duplicate title available. So, they sit a bit longer until we find the paperwork

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
Get the damn thing drive-able ! I just have to complete the front and rear suspension and patch 2 holes in the floor ( not too bad a job). Just need to find the time. That's the hard part.

Reactions: 1 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Which One, My G- Body?, or my Non G-Body/G-Body??

At this point I would just be happy to learn that I can still use my MIG as I did not manage to finish the repairs to the lower inner door sill before the surgeons took a knife to me and then went on X-mas vay-kay. Beyond the driver's door I have the passenger's door to reskin and then the passengers door sill inner and outer to replace. Somewhere in there would be me rehanging the rear end, or possibly converting it to disc brake while I have it out and easier to work on.

My Non G-body/G-Body needs a new fuel cell that can accept an electric fuel pump to keep my FI happy. The present booster system is mickey and a stop gap that i should have bit the bullet and done right in the first place (NO Budget)

Nick

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Getting them both under the same roof again..............that and to buy a house.

the house can be a bonus to a decent shop building !

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I am amazed at the things I read on this site regarding the amount of work needed on some of these cars just to get it to zero so you can actually start building your car. Floor pan replacement, reskinning door panels, cutting and replacing the lower half of the cars. My hat is off to you guys. You deserve a well appreciative round of applause. I guess I'm pretty spoiled out here in AZ as most of the vehicles here are relatively rust free. There my be a spot or two but nothing like you guys in the northeast. You can start tricking out your vehicle almost the minute you get it.

I sold my 78 Malibu wagon a few years back when I lived in PA to a guy who drove from Cleveland to come look at it. It was advertised as a rust free AZ car. It did have one spot on the right rear inner fender well but otherwise no rust. I think he tore a hole in his pocket jamming his hand in so fast to get his money out.

Attachments

• 20150315_173715.jpg
    20150315_173715.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 90
  • 20150315_173544.jpg
    20150315_173544.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
  • 20150315_173354.jpg
    20150315_173354.jpg
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: 2 users

Kamloops cutlass

Master Mechanic
Jan 27, 2021
Kamloops bc
Cutlass will be out of the paint shop soon so if I can get the rest of the trim and appearance stuff done that would be great
Also plan to rebuild suspension with ride tech’s street grip system along with upgraded quick ratio steering box
If I can get all that done this year I’ll be happy but as others have said , no resolution just confidence of intention lol

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Roll bar, 4pt belts, bigger front brakes, convert rear to 12" LS1 disc's, possibly get the instrument cluster fully functional including the speedo.

4 point belts suck, please do 5 or 6 point. I know a 4 point is easier to install, but getting the anti-submarine part correct is tricky. My racing organization outlawed them a few years back for that very reason. Sadly I don't anticipate any progress on the Monte this year, I'm still swamped and years behind on everything that came before it.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
4 point belts suck, please do 5 or 6 point. I know a 4 point is easier to install, but getting the anti-submarine part correct is tricky. My racing organization outlawed them a few years back for that very reason. Sadly I don't anticipate any progress on the Monte this year, I'm still swamped and years behind on everything that came before it.
I actually have 5pt belts, but my seats don't have a hole for the belt to come thru and I'm not replacing the seats.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Have you tried putting a submarine belt through a factory seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor