Status
Not open for further replies.

jae

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2006
Re: Update to my 1979 Cutlass Calais

Pharozen said:
jae said:
Hey, what are you doing with my frame, cross-member, tires and Ford 9"? :lol: J/K. We're originally from Phenix City and got family / friends all through the area.

Any, good luck with the build and keep us posted on progress.

:mrgreen:

LOL......awesome frame huh? I needed it.... Thanks for the well wishes on the build.

Who is "we" though??

The "we" is the family - always include them as they put up with so much of my crap, I mean, car hunts, builds and sales that it wouldn't be right to leave them out :mrgreen:

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
The chassis looks great! The frame boxing looks great too.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
You've certainly been busy. I'll be watching this one, for sure.

jking78

Master Mechanic
May 24, 2011
Pharozen said:
I'm still on the pursuit of my 79 cutlass calais, FRAME OFF restoration. I've received a LOT of advice and guidance from many people on this forum.....Thankyou. I've just wanted to post a few pics of a few things I've been doing over the past few months.

As many of you may know, my restoration project started with a NORTHERN CAR but I was convinced that this was the body I wanted to restore. The body reminded me of my father's cutlass when he came out of the marine corp, so there's some sentimental value with this body. It was a very risky decision to restore a rust/salt car but God has been opening up doors and avenues to make this project work. Surprisingly, from what I can tell so far, my floor pans are in good shape with minor rust. I believe that the old transmission leaking so bad, has helped to preserve some of my body.

I found an awesome FRAME so the rusted out frame that came with the car is not a factor anymore. I found a strong rear bumper, which is currently being rechromed right now, along with my front bumper. My stock 3 gear transmission was shot out, so I was able to secure a 2004r overdrive trans as well. Lastly, I've also been able to secure a edlebrock 4 barrel carb and a Edlebrock Performer Intake Manifold as well.

CHECK OUT THE LINK BELOW

http://performancecarcraft.smugmug.com/ ... 63_FnPp42h

normal_photo2.JPG

normal_photo.JPG

normal_018.JPG

normal_060.JPG

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

normal_photo1.JPG

normal_intake.JPG

normal_111.JPG

normal_114.JPG

normal_006.JPG

normal_010.JPG

normal_image~4.jpg

normal_image~2.jpg

normal_image~0.jpg

normal_image~6.jpg

I loving the blue on the frame. What color blue is that if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor