1980 Cutlass project from Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammn, how should waterpump on a wiper motor works? Wiper motor itself works pretty fine, but when u push the wash, I can hear a "CLICK"noise, but it doesnt spray water.

Changed rear axle oils today. Out with the old, look pretty dirty...

oldsi+004.JPG

Auburn lock with 3.08 🙂 Hoping to buy 3.42 when I'm able to buy and tune up one TH2004R 🙂

oldsi+005.JPG

New oils are Gulf 80W-90 LS with Ford Racing friction modifier. Should work just fine 🙂

Found some slack on the joints of the driveshaft. Took the driveshaft out today, I should have parts to put it back together tomorrow. At the same time the driveshaft is already off, I'm going to change the rear gasket on that th350 transmission 🙂

Wondering why the car runs little rufly sometimes and spents some much gas... The carb have started to flood! So rebuilded it 🙂

olds+002.JPG

And its done.

olds+003.JPG

Now it's working like good old Olds should 😉

Reactions: MrSony
Nice built!

Do you have found the eibach springs in Europe?

Can you find a th200-4r easily in Finland?

I'm searching one here around Belgium for 6 months!

Keep going!

I wish visiting north Europe, Gatebil in Norway seems to be good!

My local US-auto parts store orders stuff from Summit so it wasnt a problem to get those Eibach springs...

And in Finland, we got pretty much Caprices and that kind of cars where u can get a TH200R4, so it isnt really that hard 😉

After work I did something to Cutlass, tightened the front wheel bearings and greased the ball joints. Now works like a dream again 😀 Althought, I have already bought new wheel bearings to front, I'm going to change them, olds are already pretty worn out and I couldn't get the all loose from the wheel bearings.

Some of Cutlasses body panels are going to get new fresh coat of paint next week 🙂

I have been thinking about updating the front look of the car. For weight loss, I'm thinking replacing that front bumper with El Camino fiberglass. I have understood, that g-body El Camino has same front bumper? And then, I was thinking about putting an El Camino SS front spoiler.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-1987-El-Ca ... 9a&vxp=mtr

Would it look good, and is that doable to a Cutlass? Advices needed 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor