1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1980 El Camino Fresh New Paint!!! TELL ME WHAT U THINK??

Big Reazon said:
paint up some regular mirrors and put on that car or move those mirrors to where they go.
school this youngster homie.hahaha was gonna point that out to you there "santos grande"just skip my mente :blam: but you need to move them to the right location,a little further toward the front.i help some cat out the other day on another site,posted pics y todo.ill pm you the same post."BIG REAZON" is this the same reazon from ecc?? the one that was sposed to holler at me about the caprice headlight conversion?? if so WEST UP WIT IT??!!

Bumpin1ohmSS said:
80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
fo sho...thats my next step 22'' irocs!!! im almost done with the interior....i will find a good set on craigs list!@@@@

Looks sweet bruh! Man get some better photos up for us! LOL Irocs and G body's flow nicely together. But, when you get a set get ready for the "Im tired of Irocs" "Oh you Cali guys love those big wheels" and all that other bs. You get the style and size wheel that YOU like bruh. Stay away from the irocs with "22JJ" on em unless you are getting a ridiculous deal on em. Here's a pic of mine
3562333996_7a00872586_b.jpg

3561554011_d7980359d5_b.jpg

I hate postin pics up in peeps threads but I just wanted to show you that a 22" Iroc looks clean and classy. I'd invest in the suspension first (upper/lower control arms, shocks, springs, ball joints) before upgrading the wheels. These parts are fairly cheap and easy to install. Moog has a nice line. I picked up some spare control arms and had everything pressed in for cheap. Wish I could have seen you at the Run. Next time...

Elco Warren

That sh*t is sexy! I usually get tired of the irocs, just don't think they look that great on the gbodys, BUT in that size they seriously look good and stand out! As far as the elky that started this thread, it looks pretty good too. I'd def move the mirrors up, but I think the bigger rims would look really hot. Or use the ones you have, sand down the chrome in the inlays of the rim or something, and paint it to match the car. I think the mostly chrome rim with the body colored inlays would look really different and pretty awesome. And if you like the look on the smaller rims you could always do it if/when you step up to the 22"s.

Btw I'm still jealous of you west coast/midwest guys. For the most part you guys get the cleanest older cars you can find. And it seems like alot more older cars are still around out there because they dont rot out and just get crushed. It always cracks me up when I see tv autoshow hosts pass on a pretty clean car because "theres too much rot" :rofl: Me and my buddies would kill for something that clean any day of the week!

3562333996_7a00872586_b.jpg

3561554011_d7980359d5_b.jpg

Damn that color look sweet, i was thinking to paint mine grand national black, but now u got me thinking about this 8)

HAHAHAHAHA....thanks for the comments, but Im trying to keep the mirrors all original...nothing custom....Thats the problem with peeps...they modify there old rides and just lose valuse.!!!! I kinda like the mirrors where they are at...to tell you the truth I really dont use them....I look at the rear view mirror...it covers all the angles I need...I think its going to stay that way for know...im loving the look...dont want to be like others...thanks warren..thanks lax...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE said:
HAHAHAHAHA....thanks for the comments, but Im trying to keep the mirrors all original...nothing custom....Thats the problem with peeps...they modify there old rides and just lose valuse.!!!! I kinda like the mirrors where they are at...to tell you the truth I really dont use them....I look at the rear view mirror...it covers all the angles I need...I think its going to stay that way for know...im loving the look...dont want to be like others...thanks warren..thanks lax...
you "listening" but not "hearing" us veterans of this here "g-body" game homie :blam: no ones telling you to "change" your stillo,or mirrors just adjust them to there "right" position. :rofl: now listen while "G-folks are willing to school the unknowing" :D the 78-88 el camino(aka 5th gen) came with 2 types of mirrors.the first series covered from 78-85 and were (in my opinion) unsightly as hell :puke: and were mounted were your current mirrors(86-88) are mounted now.later from 86-88 the el camino was offerd with newer,cleaner,"sport"mirrors.along with the changing of the shape of these mirrors came repositioning of these mirrors(more closer to the edge of the door) now many 5th gen owners with the 78-85 mirrors "update"there rides with the 86-88 era mirrors for reasons that are evident(much cleaner)this was none the less the reason the "previous"owner intended,but who's attempt were shortlived as he/she did not follow through and "finish"the install and move the mirrors to there "correct" position(once again,take your time,pay attention to detail! : :wink: )propably got lazy and found it simpler to just mount in the "incorrect" 78-85 mounting holes that are present on your"80" now.wish i had a pic of an 78-85 el to post for reference,but maybe someone will ablige and put up some,but good reference on the86-88 mirrors and "correct"position would be warrens 87 he has posted in your thread.check it out,and DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! before stepping to a "G" that has owned 7 of these,along with 18 other"g-body's" just trying to look out for you homie :D

Nah, thatas kool....i respect what you have to say about the mirror.....but its going to be a arm and a leg to position them up more towards the top of the door...the car is panited already and to take it back so that they can put in new holes it going to be a mess...they need to make the new holes and cover up the old ones...then repaint etc.....i understand what your saying..Oh i know...im going back to the paint shop in a cpl weeks to get it color sanded and buffed...I will ask the body shop if it will be a big hassle to change the holes in the right place....if its going to be to much of trouble im just going to leave it like that and not going to let some mirror ruin my g body dreams....thanks lax i will ask when i go back to shop....good looking out!!!!

FOR SUR,just trying to help an point an ese in the right direction :D tu-sabes homie.man that underfooting came out plush man,before you know it you'll have the honeys takin they heels off to get up in that plushness! think im gonna go that route and get some yardage from the local capetera,did you spray any adhesive?or just lay it down? bcuz it CEems like it conformed pretty good to the floorpans contours! me likes it.

SIMON!!!

Thats for the carpet reply....Yeah I used spray on glue 3M adhisive from Home Depot for $9.99 a can...and still had some left over....getting hood insulation this saturday and going to use the rest of if for that....Yeah bro do it yourself is the fastest and cheapest... The cat that sold me the carpert is in South gate cal, I know to you LA...its called Camarillo's and Son's Carpet...google it...good prices...

FYI...that glue can get you all HIGH!!!! lol.....where a good mask, i put on a cheap mask but stil got high...lol...

UPDATES....got it color sand and a good wax, also had the front spoiler put on.... but didnt move the mirrors...a real g only looks at the rear view mirror not the side mirrors in case of a jack move,......lol...hahahaha...i guess i will move them up later on down the line...check out the pics...

Attachments

• 1001001748b.jpg
    1001001748b.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 7,137
  • 1001001623.jpg
    1001001623.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 7,098
  • 1001001748.jpg
    1001001748.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7,107
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor