1980 Pontiac LeMans Station Wagon - G-T-faux (stuck with it, and can't shake it... like a bad case of herpes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Come on down to New Mexico. Zero inspections outside Bernalillo County. You can drive around with a spiderwebbed windshield and racing slicks for years. Sometimes the rain never even makes all the way to the ground, just breaks a little wind...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
...or washes the dirt out of the air and leaves little dust splots on your hood.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Come on down to New Mexico. Zero inspections outside Bernalillo County. You can drive around with a spiderwebbed windshield and racing slicks for years. Sometimes the rain never even makes all the way to the ground, just breaks a little wind...
You only have to do it here, if you come from another Province. I did the same when I moved from Manitoba. Then it is a free for all, some pretty terrible junk on road here too.

• Agree

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
You might be surprised to learn that getting parts for these cars is getting more difficult. Or maybe it's just a function of living up here?

Anyway, it took a bit to source a washer pump for this thing. Changing it out isn't hard... but, it certainly is annoying.

View attachment 198952

That is the last piece of the certification puzzle. Hooray! Now I have finish the Monte. Boo!
It's getting hard to get any parts. I can't get parts for brand new cars at work. Every time I see an email that says national back order. My chest tightens up! I get cars done to spite my suppliers.

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
You only have to do it here, if you come from another Province. I did the same when I moved from Manitoba. Then it is a free for all, some pretty terrible junk on road here too.

I am really lucky that we are getting the support we are from Performance Plus. But, there are a lot of car people so I imagine I'd get help from other enthusiast shops too.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I've been watching the part choices dry up on RockAuto. One choice for a Buick 3.8 mechanical fuel pump. At least it fit as advertised.

Suddenly my hoard of parts in the Shed O'Many Things is not sounding so silly.

Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Just a little tailgating session before the game.

PXL_20220628_233903000.jpg

Also a last day of school reward for two amazing students.

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Mike,

I went back to look it up but Jeezuz after 40pgs so far I haven't stumbled across what I wanted to verify.... What were the wheel/tire sizes on this thing again?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Mike,

I went back to look it up but Jeezuz after 40pgs so far I haven't stumbled across what I wanted to verify.... What were the wheel/tire sizes on this thing again?

17x9.5s front on 275/40R17s (really want to go down to a 245) and 17x11s rear on 345/40R17 (going down to a 325/45 probably). Both sets of wheels have 5.375" back spacing out of the box. The fronts have special .375" hub centric spacers and a 1/8" shim OEM F-body spacer, the rears are as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor