1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Sedan LS Turbo Build

1quickgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2021
So far I have binge read all of this thread and all of Northernregal's thread on the Cutlass build he is doing to help in my build and I have come to a few realizations for my build.

1. I should just started building my second engine right now because I am going to hurt the first one in no time!

2. I am not going to do the build on the cheap.

Thanks for sharing your guys builds to better help others. Look forward to reading more info on these builds.

Reactions: 1 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
So far I have binge read all of this thread and all of Northernregal's thread on the Cutlass build he is doing to help in my build and I have come to a few realizations for my build.

1. I should just started building my second engine right now because I am going to hurt the first one in no time!

Thanks for sharing your guys builds to better help others. Look forward to reading more info on these builds.
Yiou don't need to 'build' your second engine, but rather gather up your second engine. A gen 4 LS or most any 4.8 will do.

You can spend alot of money building these things, or treat them as throw away (what they are), then figure out how to tune them.

Reactions: 1 user

1quickgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2021
Yiou don't need to 'build' your second engine, but rather gather up your second engine. A gen 4 LS or most any 4.8 will do.

You can spend alot of money building these things, or treat them as throw away (what they are), then figure out how to tune them.
Well I now have 4- 5.3 aluminum short blocks and have a total of $200 into them and my time of pulling a few of them out, so I have the spares covered! LOL
I just have to figure out if I want to start building another one with good rods and pistons now to swap it after I hurt the first one, I am not planning on hurting it on purpose but it seems inevitable.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Well I now have 4- 5.3 aluminum short blocks and have a total of $200 into them and my time of pulling a few of them out, so I have the spares covered! LOL
I just have to figure out if I want to start building another one with good rods and pistons now to swap it after I hurt the first one, I am not planning on hurting it on purpose but it seems inevitable.
It's not inevitable. Low budget parts failing, i.e. pumps, injectors, FPR, WG, yeah, it happens and learning mistakes happen as well.

You ought to start a build thread of what you plan to do/build and not overtake Chris's ;)

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory

I don't know if we are the ones to copy... hahaha 🤣 Learn from our mistakes, but don't feel like you have to "build it right". Get it running and driving then make small adjustments.

If you make a plan, be honest with yourself and stick to it, you won't need 4 engines.
guy joker GIF

This is someone you should copy, he did it cheap and was successful.

• Haha

1quickgm

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 6, 2021
It's not inevitable. Low budget parts failing, i.e. pumps, injectors, FPR, WG, yeah, it happens and learning mistakes happen as well.

You ought to start a build thread of what you plan to do/build and not overtake Chris's ;)
Planned on starting a post as soon as i get more part around, still a new guy here and don't know that my build is worthy! ;)
Trying to thinking of a name for the thread is the hard part! :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Planned on starting a post as soon as i get more part around, still a new guy here and don't know that my build is worthy! ;)
Trying to thinking of a name for the thread is the hard part! :unsure:
They let me hang out here. You're good bro.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Cleaning up some things while the motor is out:
8FCA50D4-8F04-407D-86FA-7F1A4053E283.jpeg
4D0544F8-E28D-4F45-9FF4-7839809C3D11.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

GroceryGetter83

LS Mafia
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2018
Tampa, Florida
Oops
5E068AE6-2866-4FAA-88BE-BE41028C5CD0.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor